well. I think I have finally come to a conclusion about an amp. My amp right now just isn't cutting its got pretty great cleans but the OD sucks. so I've decided on a JCM800 combo I think this will suit me very well and when need be can do some metal. if you have any other suggestions let me know.

I also plan on making a couple of pedals (I'm going to school for somekind of electronics degree this fall myswell get a head start)

A Fuzz face
A Tube screamer.
a treble booster of sorts.
and a tube preamp pedal.....

I also Plan on making my own pedals and selling them if I can I've already got a couple of good sounding ones I just have to put them in something! So hopefully I can make some cash doing that...

So! what do you guys think should I change or add anything?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
lol. yep I was just wondering if there is anyhting you would change there.

I play classic rock/blues mostly
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
check out the crate v series they are better than my jcm and they are cheaper, big muff maybe because its cheaper and not that much worse. treble booster...eh no need for that one you would be as well getting an eq pedal. tube preamps ontop of regular tube amps will give you a lot of saturation-you could get an electro harmonix tube compressor that would greatly enhance your tone
^everything he said but cross out crate v series and put in DOD250.
---▲===
Pink Floyd
dude, no marshalls seriously, not worth it by any means. if you want that british tone go for a ac30 but the cleans might suffer a bit beucase of tube breakup. or idk but just dont get a marshall. its like gibson, over priced and a ****ty product most of the time. idk man maybe a V3 but im a metal man so idk.
Quote by 1nd1sc1pl1ne
check out the crate v series they are better than my jcm and they are cheaper, big muff maybe because its cheaper and not that much worse. treble booster...eh no need for that one you would be as well getting an eq pedal. tube preamps ontop of regular tube amps will give you a lot of saturation-you could get an electro harmonix tube compressor that would greatly enhance your tone

EQ pedals can't really do what treble boosters can do...
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
to buy an effing Jazzmaster. I have been saying that I would for the last 8 months.
no not a new JCM800 I'm talking a 80s used one or a ceriatone combo.

and i'm building my own fuzz face with germaniums anyways so no need for a big muff.

in fact I'm building the majority of my pedals.

but yah if you have a better idea than a old-er JCM800 shoot
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
nope I've never seen that wow lol thats pretty sweet.

BUT i don't need great cleans I have a JC120 I use also
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
nope I've never seen that wow lol thats pretty sweet.

BUT i don't need great cleans I have a JC120 I use also

hmm try a valve preamp and a fuzz pedal just with the JC you should get most tones you need with a fuzz pedal and an maxon OD.
Quote by 1nd1sc1pl1ne
you wont get great cleans dude

ever seen the zvex nano 1 watt head...can crank at home and mic up when live

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C3xcXhh9WCc

IVE SEEN THAT BEFORE AND HAVE WONDERED WTF IT IS. thanks for solving the mystery for me. that amp looks like it would be deadly with a metal muff. i would suggest a carvin legacy. it can do bluesy stuff but can jump up to metal if you add a od boost.
I can't cause it's not mine It's at the church I play at. and for cleans at home I have a fender super chorus which is really close imp to the JC.

and I want the JCM800 for my more vintage tone. IE. Boston Styx Stryper Guns'n'Roses and cause it'll do some metal I can play Skillet and things like that on it also.

you guys have to understand that I only have about 700 to spend on an amp. and The JCM800 combos arn't that much on ebay or craigslist.

also what about an F30 do you thin that would suit me better?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by 1nd1sc1pl1ne
you wont get great cleans dude

ever seen the zvex nano 1 watt head...can crank at home and mic up when live

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C3xcXhh9WCc

He won't be getting any cleans with the Zvex either.

I'd get the Zvex too if you're in to farty guitar tone.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the JCM 800 save for a lack of clean channel which is really subjective. It sounds killer and completely destroys ANY Crate Palomino or Vintage Club.

Quote by convictionless
dude, no marshalls seriously, not worth it by any means. if you want that british tone go for a ac30 but the cleans might suffer a bit beucase of tube breakup. or idk but just dont get a marshall. its like gibson, over priced and a ****ty product most of the time. idk man maybe a V3 but im a metal man so idk.

Mind you, he's going used... You can pick up a used JCM 800 for like 700 bucks.

And whaddaya mean not worth it? I'd say that it's worth it for a killer rock amp. Try to get a Marshall tone out of an AC30. I dare you.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
He won't be getting any cleans with the Zvex either.

I'd get the Zvex too if you're in to farty guitar tone.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the JCM 800 save for a lack of clean channel which is really subjective. It sounds killer and completely destroys ANY Crate Palomino or Vintage Club.

Mind you, he's going used... You can pick up a used JCM 800 for like 700 bucks.

And whaddaya mean not worth it? I'd say that it's worth it for a killer rock amp. Try to get a Marshall tone out of an AC30. I dare you.

Thank you....lol

and yah I tried an AC30 once I liked it but definatly not my amp
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by convictionless

bandwagon more plz

This is an OLD marshall, a JCM 800.
a JCM 800...the amp of awesome people.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
bandwagon more plz

This is an OLD marshall, a JCM 800.
a JCM 800...the amp of awesome people.

Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era