Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me on this. I just plugged into my Randall about 10 minutes ago and there was no signal from it at all. I plugged in all of my cables and nothing, tried them all on my other amp and it was fine so I don't know what to do. When I plug a cable into the Randall and it's on, even when I touch the tip of the cable, there is no buzz at all. Can you guys help? For what it's worth, I plugged in my footswitch before I started playing (amp was off) and it started acting up. It's not the first time the footswitch has made the amp act up, I guess it was a stupid move on my part. Also, about how much do you think it would cost to fix this, if you know the problem and if it is fixable at all.
Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate any help at all

EDIT: Just so you know, all of the lights work, the channels change and when I'm on the overdrive channel and I have the gain dimed, there is no hiss whatsoever, whereas usually there is.
Last edited by digger35 at Apr 4, 2008,
Is it a tube amp? Might be a power tube failure or something. Did you make sure the speakers are connected?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Is you cable allright? Is this a head?

I don't think the footswitch has anything to do with it.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
If its SS and you tried other cables and the speaker is ok then its done. SS is almost impossible to fix and expensive if it can be fixed.
Something similar happened to one of my old SS fender amps. Something weird where the wire on the back of the input jack somehow came disconnected and needed to be soldered back. Dont ask me how the wire came off. Im still scratching my head about that one lol
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated