okay so i've got my strat and explorer
i was thinking of the possibility of putting a floyd rose on it?
prices? suggestions? pros/cons?
and on the explorer upgrading the pickups to emg 81/60's
this would be more of an investment thing as i'm replacing the head of my half stack
i know the rule of thumb is to replace you're amp before pickups, but it seems if i were to get say a jcm 2000 dsl head would the old pickups sound any better?
anything on emg 81/60's and floyd roses is appreciated
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Are you playing in a band, and what kind of music are you playing?
Last edited by Highwaytohell at Apr 3, 2008,
yeah in a band with possible gigging but not anytime soon
playing classic rock but these two would be for metal, more specifically metallica, megadeth, pantera
that sort of thing
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
lookes at influences. Listen up man.
A: get a better amp for christ sake, dont spend tons of money on a guitar without getting a better amp first. (MG is just, dont even get me started... Ugggh.)
B: Floyds, IMHO, are not worth it, they are just a pain in the ass to deal with if you mess em up (sides you have to go to a tech to rout out your guitar's body for you)
C: Amps do much more to your tone than pickups, get a new amp first, and than determine if you need new pickups.
D: There are amps in your price range that are 1000x better than the Marshall JCM DSL100 for your favorite music. Take a look at

Used Mesa F-30s,
Vox AC30s,
Mesa Rectoverbs,
Used Marshall JCM800s and 900s (not the new ones, the ones from the 80s/90s)
Traynor YCV50 and YCV40
Laney VC30 or GH50L
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Classic 30

Please research all of these.