I'm new to guitar and I have a couple questions.

-What are some good ways to strengthen my fingers up? I start every time I play guitar with exercises across the fingerboard, down and across. What else can help me with this?

-When I am switching from chord to chord I sometimes am really slow or miss up. Is there anyway I can improve this?

I know that the best answer to both of these questions is to practice, practice, practice. But is there any special ways or different ways I can work on this?

Thanks for your help!
For the chord changes, practice is the only way. There's no other tip.

For stretching, make sure you stretch your hand without the guitar first, then try something like:

e-----------------------------------------------------1 2 3 4-----
B-------------------------------------------1 2 3 4-------------
G-------------------------------- 1 2 3 4------------------------
D-----------------------1 2 3 4---------------------------------
A-------------1 2 3 4-------------------------------------------
E---1 2 3 4-----------------------------------------------------

Just do those up and down the fretboard. The first part of John Petrucci's "Rock Discipline" has great exercises as well, you can find it on YouTube.
lol cool flash thingy for your picture
1st and second fingers 2nd & 3rd 3rd & 4th ouch
|----------------------1-3|back down|---------------------2-4|back down|---------------------3-5|ba
|-----------------1-3-----|.................|-----------------2-4----|.................|-----------------3-5----|ck
|-------------1-3---------|.................|-------------2-4--------|.................|-------------3-5--------|do
|---------1-3-------------|.................|---------2-4------------|.................|---------3-5------------|wn
|-----1-3-----------------|.................|-----2-4----------------|.................|-----3-5----------------|
|-1-3---------------------|.................|-2-4--------------------|.................|-3-5--------------------|
those would help you go faster after lots of practice
this is actualy what steve vai does all day and look at him
chords will just come to you by playing them over and over again
This will be much more effective and do it as fast as you can
e---------------------------------------1 2 4-----
B--------------------------------1 3 4------------
G------------------------ 1 2 4-------------------
D-----------------1 3 4---------------------------
A----------1 2 4----------------------------------
E---1 3 4-----------------------------------------
I'm able to read the exercise but was wondering after the e string is it the same but on the a string and so on...was there a reason why its going across like or its just the way you wrote it.

1 2 3 4
a------------------1 2 3 4 etc
e----- 1 2 3 4

Quote by :-D
For the chord changes, practice is the only way. There's no other tip.

For stretching, make sure you stretch your hand without the guitar first, then try something like:

e-----------------------------------------------------1 2 3 4-----
B-------------------------------------------1 2 3 4-------------
G-------------------------------- 1 2 3 4------------------------
D-----------------------1 2 3 4---------------------------------
A-------------1 2 3 4-------------------------------------------
E---1 2 3 4-----------------------------------------------------

Just do those up and down the fretboard. The first part of John Petrucci's "Rock Discipline" has great exercises as well, you can find it on YouTube.