Hey I went to go see Rush last year in concert, it has always been my dream to see them since they are one of my favorite bands. Anyway I noticed that they had a chef come on stage and butter and bake bread. On a you tube video I saw they had washer and dryer machines on stage. So I was wondering what it symbolized or what the story is behind it. Wikipedia didn't say anything about it.
Geddy Lee doesn't use amps anymore, instead using the venues house speakers. To fill up the space on his side of the stage, he started putting random shit there, such as dryers, vending machines, and ovens.

For comedic effect, he has them miked as though they were amps. Stage hands also do things with them, e.g. changing the load in the washing machines.
Quote by Flying Couch
Geddy Lee doesn't use amps anymore, instead using the venues house speakers. To fill up the space on his side of the stage, he started putting random shit there, such as dryers, vending machines, and ovens.

For comedic effect, he has them miked as though they were amps. Stage hands also do things with them, e.g. changing the load in the washing machines.

Ok thanks for clearing that up, it was driving me nuts trying to find what the story was behind it all. Thanks
I wouldn't. Your current sig is better. I was just going to post but saw you'd written it better than I would have.
When I saw them- which was the best show I've seen in my life- Geddy had rotisserie chickens. xD
I thought that was great.
Yeah, and also the shirts in the dryers have little sayings on them, relating to the tour.