Hey just want to get your opinion on my tone. The link is in my profile, the intro to fade to black. Please ignore the sloppy playing , just tried to get something up to test out my bad monkey with the v8. Was recorded with a canon powershot s50 digicam. Used guitar pro for the clean guitar and other effect.

O and sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
pretty plain to me but thats not a bad thing. needless to say, its not bad. just maybe add some effects to it to give it a more interesting and less dull sound, cheers man.
not bad. needs to be a little brighter for my liking. maybe add just a titch more treble.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Just needs a little reverb and delay imo (and some vibrato in your playing!)
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Ples 1 to the 'plain' statement.
I find the tone boring in my opinion.
thanks for comments and advice guys, i can deal with plain. As long as it doesn't sound "bad" or like an SS-amp. I'll work on livening it up.
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
for that particular song you want more gain, maybe some echo would be nice. i would focus on the tone coming ffrom your fingers tho TBH..you need to sustain a lot of those notes longer
No offence, but my solid state amp with my digital FX pedal sounds better. And yeah, keep on practicing.
Yes, MORE GAIN! Try to make the the amp more "edgey." Try to get it to "growl."
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

You Need:

>More Gain.
>Delay.
>A second delay, or reverb.
>More treble/mid, less bass.

And use vibrato, it makes what you're playing sound better to a certain extent.
To be honest I don't like that tone at all. The notes aren't sustaining as they should and it sounds dull. I agree with the other suggestions above:

- More gain!!!
- Treble and midrange boost (although the loss of treble might be because of the camera)
- A light, fast delay
- I'd also add some large room reverb (I prefer digital to spring for this, don't kill me please)
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
More control of what you're playing, a bit sloppy, also more gain, more vibrato, even if you can't add delay, proper technique will give you an edge over anyone with a pedalboard the size of Herman Li's hair
Less bass, more Upper Mids and Treble, more gain. I feel that although an amp is more important than a guitar for tone, your guitar may well be holding you back now as the limiting factor in your tone.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Alright i'll definitely try these suggestions and record a new one so it can be compared. I recorded it at around 11pm which is why i didn't have the gain so high, but today i'll crank it up and also add some vibrato and bring the treble up.
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
threw up a newer one, left the old one for comparison. I think its a lil better, lemme know. the one marked "f2b newer intro"
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
Well... It still sounds as if it's on the clean channel. Where's the gain? Crank it up to the max. I don't think a Bad Monkey can't do more gain than this. And try bending some strings. It will sound much nicer. Peace
yeah bendings a good idea. ive already said vibrato. i think if you also stack on a bit more gain it would help.

tbh i think a fair bit of the problem in tone is from your fingers rather than your gear. i am not trying to be mean, this simply constructive criticism to help you improve your tone. I have seen that when most of my friends try to do vibrato they move their fingers but not the string. it is a deceptively difficult technique to master. im pretty sure ive heard eric clapton say something like that in a video.
Yeah, kinda sounds like you're using the gain of the pedal on your clean channel. O_o

This is a good idea and has got me thinking... I want opinions too... check my profile. Top one.
These go to eleven...
Here are the settings maybe this will help...

General Kirk Settings
Low 7
Mid 2
High 7
Gain 7 live 5 recording

TS9 Settings: Used for every solo
Tone 1:00 O'clock
Drive 1:00 O'clock
Level 2:00 O'clock

Triaxis Solo Settings
Gain 9.0
Treble 3.0
Middle 7.5
Bass 5.0
Presence 2.0

Give those a try... Also a touch of chorus and reverb (dont go past 8:30 on both) Helps..
And dont put to much time in trying an mimic them to the T. Im a tone junky and was on a metallica quest for a brief period of time and tried a bunch of things and nothing came close without all the stuff in the pic below. So just keep playing and dont worry abot yoru tone to much. It isnt to big of a deal unless your in a cover band and even then they usually never come close lol...

Put some EMOTION in that solo man, make it ALIVE!!!

you missed a few notes, but that's ok. practice will make perfect.

Other than that nice job.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Here are the settings maybe this will help...

General Kirk Settings
Low 7
Mid 2
High 7
Gain 7 live 5 recording

Give those a try... Also a touch of chorus and reverb (dont go past 8:30 on both) Helps..

too much mid scoop for this. try lows at 5, mids at about 4, and treble about 7.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
well the settings i had when i played that where
amp:
gain 5
tone 3
vol 4

BM OD
level 5
low 4
treb 4
gain 8

Guitar
neck pup
vol 10
tone 5

I have nothing to adjust the mids other than playing around with tone knobs and such. But yea i'll work on my actual playing. I don't mind the criticism, i actually like it, helps me improve.

O and thats one crazy/expensive setup ibanezpsycho

Thanks guys
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino