that people seem to get all pissy when people wear band shirts of bands that they only know one or two songs of? I've never really understood that you had to know a certain amount of songs or own a certain amount of albums to be considered a "true fan". any thoughts?
Did you buy an AC/DC t-shirt at Wal*Mart?

Just kidding man I don't know.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by exect4500
i'd say you enjoy 5-6 songs minimum to buy the merchandise

Why though? What if someone heard "stairway to heaven" and "rock and roll" on the radio, and enjoyed both of them. What makes them less entitled to wear a led zeppelin shirt then someone who has all their albums?
It annoys me to an extent... however I can't defend my stance haha.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
because those people generally only wear band shirts in order to fit in or look cool, in other words they are posers, and noone likes posers, except other posers.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You can trip these hardcore wannabes up. If they come up to you and give you flak just ask them what the name of the first album by that band is. Do your research of course. If they guess correctly ask them about the one before that. They will then say there wasn't one before that. You then say of course there was you retard. Go look it up. Walk away.....
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
because those people generally only wear band shirts in order to fit in or look cool, in other words they are posers, and noone likes posers, except other posers.

+1
I don't think it matters. Honestly, I have more pressing fashion matters to attend to: Bikers...I love motorcycles and will soon own my own, but will I wear next to nothing so everyone can see the dark side of my body? No. Please, be reasonable.

What the hell am I talking about?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I find it pretty annoying. Some people wear it for a fashion statement instead of actual support for the band, effectively making them a fraud and a poseur. However, I guess any support is good support but it still pisses me off REAL bad.
i think u could know 2-3 songs but still want to hear more to buy merch. if u know 2-3 songs but not really interested in the band and are only buying the merch cuz people think its cool u shouldn't and be slapped for being stupid
Gear
LTD EC-50 with EMG HZ's
Jackson DXMG Dinky with 81/85 EMG's
Line 6 Spider III 120

Quote by Angus_Junior35
sig this part: oscarticas,
YOU ROCK!

i know its stupid but i feel that way too..and yea that whole thing with ac/dc shirts in walmart does piss me off hah..but it appeals to everyone in such a wide range of ppl like kids first getting into rock (age 12iish?) usually start with ac/dc and zep as i'm sure most evryone here did and so did everyone else thats up to about 50 yrs old too..hell of a market there..I woudln't buy a shirt of a band that i didn't know at least 1/2 to 3/4 of the catologue tho. I feel like i'd be full of myself then cause if someones like oh hey i love that band you know this song blah blah..and i'm like no? then how dumb do you feel that you're wearing the shirt?
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

+ about 1000.
i get so frustrated when i see a kid in a AC/DC shirt and i ask em what they're favorite album is, and all they can come up with is 'uhm, either that one with Highway to Hell on it, or Powerstruck.'
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Did you buy an AC/DC t-shirt at Wal*Mart?

Kohls, actually. I don't listen to them much anymore though.

find it pretty annoying. Some people wear it for a fashion statement instead of actual support for the band, effectively making them a fraud and a poseur. However, I guess any support is good support but it still pisses me off REAL bad

How is that being a poser? If someone goes into hollister and buys a shirt that says "hollister" on it and wears it even if they don't work there, does that make them a poser? No. its the same basic idea.

or Powerstruck

Quote by Spamwise
How is that being a poser? If someone goes into hollister and buys a shirt that says "hollister" on it and wears it even if they don't work there, does that make them a poser? No. its the same basic idea.

No, we aren't talking about supporting a clothing company by purchasing their clothes.

We are talking about supporting a band that makes music through purchasing clothes with their name on it. It really is different. No one is going to say, "Do you know Hollister's first album?" or "Did you go to their show yesterday, or are you wearing that just to look cool?" Of course everyone is wearing Hollister because it looks good (debatable).
Quote by Spamwise
Kohls, actually. I don't listen to them much anymore though.

It makes them a poser because they are pretending to like music they aren't really into to gain acceptance.

the hollister thing is different because obviously if they are wearing a hillister shirt, they like hollister, since it's a clothing brand and they are wearing clothing of that brand.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
No, we aren't talking about supporting a clothing company by purchasing their clothes.

We are talking about supporting a band that makes music through purchasing clothes with their name on it. It really is different.

Okay, but how does that make a person a poser?

EDIT:

It makes them a poser because they are pretending to like music they aren't really into to gain acceptance.

Well if they're just diong it to gain acceptance then i see what you mean. if they just think it looks cool then that's different imo.
All I know is I dont go around wearing shirts of bands I have no interest in. When a person buys a Led Zeppelin shirt there stating that they like Led Zeppelin. Why wear a Led Zeppelin shirt if you have no interest in them? Most of the hate comes from the fact that its becoming a trend, and most extreme fans of bands dont want a bunch of teeny boppers wearing their favorite bands shirt. thats just how the music affects people. Think of your favorite band, and think about the next time you goto the mall or w.e you see 30 other people wearing a shirt that says your bands name. Its just something the more extreme fans disgust.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
In my opinion, you should know enough about the band and members of the band to hold a conversation about it.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by rebeltildeth87
All I know is I dont go around wearing shirts of bands I have no interest in. When a person buys a Led Zeppelin shirt there stating that they like Led Zeppelin. Why wear a Led Zeppelin shirt if you have no interest in them? Most of the hate comes from the fact that its becoming a trend, and most extreme fans of bands dont want a bunch of teeny boppers wearing their favorite bands shirt. thats just how the music affects people. Think of your favorite band, and think about the next time you goto the mall or w.e you see 30 other people wearing a shirt that says your bands name. Its just something the more extreme fans disgust.

true
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
The only band shirts I have are bought from gigs, and I only do it to support the artist. I think I might have one shirt that I bought not at a gig. I do respect the people who buy the shirts at the concerts more, because that means they are trying their best to support the group.
I just hate it when some poser is wearing a cool band shirt and you go and start talking about the said band, and they look at you like a deer caught in the headlight and go "I don't like *insert said band here*, I just liked the shirt."
Quote by Trevor01
because everyone wants to be an elitist and can't fathom that other people know anything about music. especially the 14 year olds that are so hArdCoRE.

/thread
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by rush4life
The only band shirts I have are bought from gigs, and I only do it to support the artist. I think I might have one shirt that I bought not at a gig. I do respect the people who buy the shirts at the concerts more, because that means they are trying their best to support the group.

Well, if a band has shirts in stores like walmart or kohls, chances are they don't need a whole lot of fan support anymore.
Quote by Spamwise
Well, if a band has shirts in stores like walmart or kohls, chances are they don't need a whole lot of fan support anymore.

That's a good argument. Your brain loves you.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I hate the people who come up to me acting like they are god and I know jack **** about the band who's merch I'm wearing. It always ends in me proving them the jackass poser and them getting pissed and trying to start a fight that, like the argument, they lose.
Quote by terrencemaddox
That's a good argument. Your brain loves you.

It's a love/hate relationship.
Quote by Trevor01
because everyone wants to be an elitist and can't fathom that other people know anything about music. especially the 14 year olds that are so hArdCoRE.

This.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by Spamwise
It's a love/hate relationship.

At least it's not all hate *bashes head against desk/burrito*
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I bought an AC/DC shirt from Wal-Mart and I like maybe 2 or 3 songs. Let the flaming begin.
Quote by Alterationsgtrs
While watching Scooby Doo

Velma- Jinkies, I lost my glasses
Me- Oh they're right here (while furiously masturbating)

Quote by 70x7
I bought an AC/DC shirt from Wal-Mart and I like maybe 2 or 3 songs. Let the flaming begin.

Does it look hawt on you?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by terrencemaddox
Does it look hawt on you?

Teh sex.
Quote by Alterationsgtrs
While watching Scooby Doo

Velma- Jinkies, I lost my glasses
Me- Oh they're right here (while furiously masturbating)

Quote by 70x7
Teh sex.

Then sport that good stuff *snaps fingers*
Miss Scourge? PM me.