Okay so I just got done modding my guitar and now the tone knob works backwards.
At 10 all the treble is rolled off.
At 0 the signal is original.

What happened and how do I fix it? I followed Seymour's directions!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
it could possibly be an error on seymour duncan's part, maybe just get a new cap for the knob?

edit: i was gonna add the next post to this but i forgot...
Last edited by kenan6346 at Apr 4, 2008,
I believe you wired the hot lead to the wrong post. I never know how those pot drawings work either. Just wire all the hot leads to the other post and you should be back to normal. (if you wired to the north post wire them to the south post intead, or vice-versa)
Quote by kenan6346
it could possibly be an error on seymour duncan's part, maybe just get a new cap for the knob?

A new cap would do nothing. You can't put one in backwards in a guitar (you can in an amp!)
Make sure you soldered it to the right pot, and that you didn't somehow get a reverse pot. It's not likely, but they do make them.
^The hot lead of the capacitor? Or the hot lead of the entire signal? (the tone knob goes directly to the output).

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox
What wiring diagram are you using? The tone pot isn't usually wired to the output.
No sorry, i didn't explain. The hot lead from the volume to the tone pot. Just switch the terminal you soldered it to, to the other side, which should have nothing soldered to it right now. You should be all set
When i first started soldering i didn't realize the pictures of the pots are upside down, and i solder to the wrong terminal too. Just switch it like i suggested and that should solve it.
just switch the wire on the side lug to the other side. that's it. all u gotta do.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Okay I will try that
But it shows the signal from the switch and away from the pot on the same terminal
Do I switch them both? Or just one?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox
Alright thanks so much!

Now my guitar is perfect!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox