I'm looking for a new pickup for my bridge, passive definately. I want something that has a hard rock sound, but can do lower gain, regular overdrive well too. The local guitar stores suck and have a very limited choice of pickups, but the few they did have were --

Gibsons - All kinds of burstbuckers and 57s...not really my thing, especially non potted pickups. There were also some Dirty Fingers, which i'm thinking about, but those might be a little too high gain.

Seymour - Not too many. Some dimebuckers, some pearly gates and a super distortion or something. Again, these all sound kinda too heavy, except maybe the pearly gates.

Does anybody recommend any of these, or am I gonna have to order something over the internet? (which I'd REALLY REALLY rather not do).

Any sugestions are welcome though. There's a guitar center nearby, so if there's something that GC stocks that's worth checking out I'd love to hear about it.

EDIT: Just in case I thought I'd let everyone know that right now money isn't really an issue (I have a job), but at the same time I'd rather not pay $150 for a pickup. I'm not rich.

Also, my current pickup is a 490R (yes in the bridge position. For some reason Gibson decided to equip all SG specials with TWO 490Rs). So I'm really just looking for a more bridge suited pickups with a higher output (the Pups came stock adjusted to about 1/4 of an inch below the strings. I dropped em a bit and raised the poles a turn and a half.

BTW: I really wanna know if anybody has any opinions on Dirty Fingers.
Last edited by Cutlass_253 at Apr 4, 2008,
Most music stores carry Duncan SH-4s.
They are supposed to be rock oriented, all around, and come stock with some guitars.
I don't think I've ever used them though.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Duncan Custom 5....search over. Although the Pearly Gates will do the trick if you're leaning more towards bluesier, southern type sounds. The bottom end might be a bit too spongy for you though.

Gibson pickups are over priced, the Tone Zone is more a shred pickup, the JB is "could do better".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Apr 4, 2008,
duncan jb
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp