Page 1 of 2
Well Velvet Revolver disbanded brought to mind what would be a great supergroup
I loved audioslave but the problem was Cornell was going in a different direction to the others. I think the reason that most supergroups disband is they all want different things, being famous before won't help either (high ego scott)

So post suggestions of a great supergroup, not a one off thing but what would last and be remembered...
What ever happened to Army of Anyone? I wanted to check them out but haven't gotten around to it.
a great supergroup eh? well it seems no matter who comes together as a band commerical pressures will make them into an alternative rock band. I liked VR, but they were mediocre... sry Spamwise im sure you didnt wanna hear that

Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by rebeltildeth87
a great supergroup eh? well it seems no matter who comes together as a band commerical pressures will make them into an alternative rock band. I liked VR, but they were mediocre... sry Spamwise im sure you didnt wanna hear that

Haha, I don't like them -that- much. It's the only icon i could find that was small enough and not taken already.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Why don't they just reform Velvet Revolver with Paul Gilbert instead of Slash. I think that'd make it fairly super. And maybe worth listening to.

um no
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
Nah you're right, VR was a disappointment. And Slash, Duff, Matt n Dave are left hanging once again, I'm guessing at least one of them will leave, I'd be sick of it

Slash's guitar skills are wasted
Quote by Spamwise
What ever happened to Army of Anyone? I wanted to check them out but haven't gotten around to it.

It was pretty bland, but I also thought VR was bland. Honestly though, I thought the Deleo brothers would be able to do a lot more with Richard Patrick than they did.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Jk3y
Opinion? Get out.

Asshole.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Blink 182 only with Chris Barnes on vocals.

damn blink 182 would be so super and original with there powerchords. (sarcasm)
Who said VR disbanded???? I don't understand how so many people have trouble reading...
WEILAND WAS FIRED...THEY DIDNT BREAK UP...

wow
Quote by Esp_kill07
damn blink 182 would be so super and original with there powerchords. (sarcasm)

WOOOH! You got jokes! LOLOLOL
Miss Scourge? PM me.

wonder who they will have on vocals. hope its some good singer/songwriter
Quote by Jk3y
Also Blink 182??? get out...

apparently my humor is lost on retards, why don't you look up who Chris Barnes is.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Barnes with Blink 182 would sound.... hell i dont even know how to describe that. It would sound bad tho, i do know that
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by rebeltildeth87
Barnes with Blink 182 would sound.... hell i dont even know how to describe that. It would sound bad tho, i do know that

I think it would sound hilarious, especially with him singing Blink 182 songs.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Yer dude, Scotty was fired. They might get a new singer and just go down a different path. Haha yer Cornell woulda been mad, Audioslave was sick but didn't suit and rightly so he left. BUt Cornell would be awesome i think. I think they'll get a new singer, but GOD PLEASE bring back Slash's Snakepit!!!

That was some hot stuff, if you haven't heard, get some NOW!!!

Blink 182 = joke hahaha
I was clever enough to look him up, so Kid - I laughed. Well done

I wouldn't be opposed to Snakepit reforming, as I've mentioned several times.
sorry don't listen to metal =)

I just typed it in wiki and theres some guy screaming - lol
blink182 + Barnes = 2 guys playing 3 powerchords in different orders some some guy screaming in the back

sorry I'm reallllll slow
Quote by mr_sinistah
Yer dude, Scotty was fired. They might get a new singer and just go down a different path. Haha yer Cornell woulda been mad, Audioslave was sick but didn't suit and rightly so he left. BUt Cornell would be awesome i think. I think they'll get a new singer, but GOD PLEASE bring back Slash's Snakepit!!!

Blink 182 = joke hahaha

Audioslave= joke
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by Jk3y
sorry don't listen to metal =)

I just typed it in wiki and theres some guy screaming - lol
blink182 + Barnes = 2 guys playing 3 powerchords in different orders some some guy screaming in the back

sorry I'm reallllll slow

More like growling.

DUH
Quote by mr_sinistah

Blink 182 = joke hahaha

F**k yes! I love Snakepitt. I think a great super group would be Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker and Eric Clapton and possibly make their name Cream?
Lets see. John Petrucci, great guitarist. For drums, cant get better than Portnoy. In my eyes Myung is a great basist. Anyone see where im heading with this?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Slash is amazing, but the others are all mediocre musicians, none of the other members amount to shit without him. Slash outta cut his loses and maybe do something solo or reopen the snakepit. Honestly id like to see Slash do instrumental albums like Vai and Buckethead. With his style of playing I think itd be much more interesting than him in just another band. Also if he does instrumental work he doesnt have to worry about another dickhead singer walkin off.
Slash is amazing, but the others are all mediocre musicians, none of the other members amount to shit without him. Slash outta cut his loses and maybe do something solo or reopen the snakepit. Honestly id like to see Slash do instrumental albums like Vai and Buckethead. With his style of playing I think itd be much more interesting than him in just another band. Also if he does instrumental work he doesnt have to worry about another dickhead singer walkin off.
i don't think his playing has enough variety to do full instrumental works, tbh
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Don't diss the 'slave.
Only good things can come from a crossbreed of two bands like Soundgarden and Rage.
Well, it was simply a response to his band= joke comment. I didn't care for Audioslave, but I understand that other people like them. I was just messing with his my opinion > your opinion comment.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by Spamwise
i don't think his playing has enough variety to do full instrumental works, tbh

you might be right, but I think he could atleast do 1 album and make it successful, i mean shit with the following hes gotten off guitar hero 3 all the kiddies would by slashs album lol
Quote by srv34
F**k yes! I love Snakepitt. I think a great super group would be Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker and Eric Clapton and possibly make their name Cream?

Oh yer, that'd sell like steaming hot cakes i think...HAHAHAHAHAHA

Snakepit ain't gonna happen, Slash will do his solo thing with multiple vocalists and all and then whatever after that. Just like do live stuff for the hell of it. Like Idol or something hahaha, Dancing with The Stars! Hahahahaha that'd go hard.
you might be right, but I think he could atleast do 1 album and make it successful, i mean shit with the following hes gotten off guitar hero 3 all the kiddies would by slashs album lol
who cares if it could be successful, successful doesn't mean good anymore which is a shame.
Quote by srv34
i always thought slash would sound good in the Black Crowes

Yeah, but only as a guest appearance. Rich Robinson and company is great without a big name imo.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I agree with you on that one Slash's name carries too much weight to be in a band thats solid together. I think hes best with a disfunctional band IMO. I wonder if the eagles need another guitar player lmao
Page 1 of 2