I have a 5L heinechen beer keg, and i want to turn it into an amp, I was wondering, firstly, if people thougt it was possible, and secndly, wether it is possible to buy battery powered amp kits that are approximately 5 watts.

Thanks
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
in my mini amp that i bought i think it is 10 watt and runs off a 9v battery

you shoud be able to do it i dont see why not it sounds like a great idea to me

post pics when done
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
Heck yeah, anything is possible if you have the right tools and a large budget. But don't put in something cheap and quiet, turn it into boutique tube amp!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Heck yeah, anything is possible if you have the right tools and a large budget. But don't put in something cheap and quiet, turn it into boutique tube amp!

No way you could run tubes off batteries
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Jestersage
Saw this one, didn't you?
http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2008/01/16/build-this-beer-keg-radio-for-your-game-room/

^On the contrary, you CAN run tubes off batteries... just not modern batteries. Need to construct you own A, B, and C battery.

I have no clue what you mean, but what I meant is that tubes suck way more power than transistors. Maybe you could use miniature tubes though, like in the Seymour Duncan Twin Tube pedals.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
I have no clue what you mean, but what I meant is that tubes suck way more power than transistors. Maybe you could use miniature tubes though, like in the Seymour Duncan Twin Tube pedals.

I'm fairly sure you'll find that those use 12A*7 tubes, which are the same to what's in a normal tube amp. You CAN run tubes off batteries, but the current required to drive them is rather high. You're much better off just making a nice SS amp (they can sound great, you know).
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
You can get Amp kits in Maplin, I think you would have to add an overdrive section.
Quote by the_random_hero
I'm fairly sure you'll find that those use 12A*7 tubes, which are the same to what's in a normal tube amp. You CAN run tubes off batteries, but the current required to drive them is rather high. You're much better off just making a nice SS amp (they can sound great, you know).

Nah, they use smaller milspec tubes made by Phillips or something. Definitely not 12AX7s. You could never fit two full size tubes in such a pedal.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by jimRH7
You can get Amp kits in Maplin, I think you would have to add an overdrive section.

These?

Sounds like a great idea btw!
Quote by .Anfield
These?

It's probably not meant for guitar amplification, so it's probably gonna sound really crap. It's cheap though, so you could try it and see if ya like it. With some dissecting you could add a preamp or a tonestack or something.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Just buy a cheap solid-state amp and rip it apart to fit into your keg. No point building one from scratch in this case, unless you really enjoy electronics. If it turns out to be too difficult there's always this option:

Quote by .Anfield
These?

That's them. They come in Different wattages though.
dude sounds an awesome idea, and i cant wait to see it

BEST IDEA I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME =P lol
Happy birthday Slash
Quote by Shred-Hed
What do you think the odds are that he'll read this...?

Quote by TJ1991
A lot higher than Chinese Democracy ever being released.
Kyle 62
I agree. I built a cigar box guitar, and wanted a small amp to match the theme. I found a cigar box with almost the same dimensions as a Pignose, and it worked out pretty well. I need to fill out my profile better, this rig is really a hoot. I should show you guys some pictures. I'll try to get that done soon.
only 5L!?! thats so depressing
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Quote by Boogie Man
I have a 5L heinechen beer keg, and i want to turn it into an amp, I was wondering, firstly, if people thougt it was possible, and secndly, wether it is possible to buy battery powered amp kits that are approximately 5 watts.

Thanks

CHECK OUT CACTUSTUBEAMPS.COM FOR THE ORIGINAL BEER KEG AMPS

Quote by cactustubeamps
CHECK OUT CACTUSTUBEAMPS.COM FOR THE ORIGINAL BEER KEG AMPS

That's exactly what I was thinking about when I read this. I think a larger version would be killer. Gives me an idea to do what someone else suggested and gut an old amp and pop it into something different. Dunno what though.
Quote by Vintage_Axe
dude sounds an awesome idea, and i cant wait to see it

BEST IDEA I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME =P lol

Quote by kyle62
Just buy a cheap solid-state amp and rip it apart to fit into your keg. No point building one from scratch in this case, unless you really enjoy electronics. If it turns out to be too difficult there's always this option:

Love your effect loop
You realize if you do this then you will also be obligated to make a matching talkbox out of a beer dispensing hat.

This should be a fun one to watch.
Not taking any online orders.
Someone wanna post a link of how to use a keg for a reverb tank?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by RickyDude
There are people who produce an amp using heineken beer cans...
http://www.myspace.com/ampinacan

You kinda beat me to it.

But yeah, this idea is already in mass production. I got a "geek toys" magazine with it in it.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.