I'm super laid back, mellow, chill, so on and so forth, I have my moments but that's how I am for the most part. I listen to metal quite often, some good stuff, old thrashy stuff like Slayer and such, but I almost never headbang. Is that weird? Also, recently I've begun playing guitar standing up just to get used to it, if I was to be in a band or anything, it'd help. The thing is I don't move around much, I just stare at the guitar and that's it really. I move about as much as Buckethead when he's performing (and not using his nunchaku or dancing or acting spazzy as I've seen in his performances with the Deli Creeps) which means I'm basically a robot. Do you think this would change as time goes on, and if there actually was an audience?
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
As far as your playing goes you should try to move around some just for the sake of putting on a better show i guess...

Buckethead can just stand there because...well he's ****in Buckethead.
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

well, just try and get really into a song you're playing one day. if it dosen't come naturally, then it is a little wierd. if you can't headbang to Slayer, what can you do?
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
I don't headbang, just results in a sore neck, and don't enjoy moshpits because it just results in being hit in the head a couple of times. And I am just like you when it comes to playing guitar, I hardly move around, etc. I think if you join a band, or something or rather, just make sure some of the other members have more stage presence?
Quote by metalhead_99801
well, just try and get really into a song you're playing one day. if it dosen't come naturally, then it is a little wierd. if you can't headbang to Slayer, what can you do?

I get that feeling inside, the adrenaline, but it just doesn't always show. One night though I was in my room listening to Death's Scream Bloody Gore album on my mp3 player and that was probably the most I've ever headbanged in one night. My neck was hurting the next day. I just don't feel the need to do it often I guess.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
I don't move around much either, if you join a band, invest in lights, a lot of lights, and a smoke machine or something, no one will even really notice then! ;p
Quote by Baasoromyuu
I get that feeling inside, the adrenaline, but it just doesn't always show. One night though I was in my room listening to Death's Scream Bloody Gore album on my mp3 player and that was probably the most I've ever headbanged in one night. My neck was hurting the next day. I just don't feel the need to do it often I guess.

are you sure that type of music is for you then?
Quote by Rysel
I don't move around much either, if you join a band, invest in lights, a lot of lights, and a smoke machine or something, no one will even really notice then! ;p

yeah, they will.
Imagine if you head banged for 10 hours straight. If you want to move around when your playing you need to familiarize yourself with the whole song really well like have someone blindfold you then you pick up the guitar and start playing. Then if you just have to worry about the rhythm thats probably the hardest part. But I'm not an expert, once i start walking i lose the rhythm
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]