hi everyone, i've been trying to do the intonation of my fender strat for a few days now and i still cant get it to work. i've watched countless youtube video on how to do it and read alot of stuff about it and still not working.

so what i do is i hit the open string and tune it. then i hit the 12fret octave of it and i adjust the bridge untill the 12fret octave is in tune. and here is where i get stuck. onced i adjusted the bridge, and then i play the same open string again, its not tune anymore. so i tune the open string once again then i check the 12fret octave and its out of tune again. and it goes on untill i run out of room to adjust the bridge. please help me. and thank you in advance
yeah thats what i meant. sorry.i was talking about the screw that you turn to make it go foward or back
yeah, after you move the saddle, you are supposed to tune the open string again.

if you are running out of room, your bridge might be ligted and you dont have a good angle to start with.
is ur bridge balanced?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i do tune the open string again, but when i check the 12fret octave it goes sharp again. and then after i get the 12fret tune my open string gets untune again. and i retune the open string and then my 12fret gets untune again. and this goes one untill i have no more room to adjust. and what do you mean by bridge balanced?
is the bridge level?

if the tuning keeps moving around that usually means that the bridge is lifted up from the body.

the springs in the trem cavity, might need to be adjusted. if the bridge isnt in balence with the pull of the strings, then you'll never get it to stay in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i actually fixed it. but my bridge is sticking up from the body. is that ok? is that a problem?
flip it over and take the plastic cover off.

if the bridge is raised, you can tighten the 2 screws in there.
if it's not working because the strings are pulling too hard, you can add a spring.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

my intonation is fix now. but my bridge is still up. is it ok if i leave it like that? is that a bad thing?
depends on how high.

if the bridge is balance, floating then, raised is fine. but if you find it falling out of tune with use, you'll want to adjust the springs some.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

what's this floating bridge i hear about? what does it mean? do you get a different tone with it or what?