Can anyone recommend me some nice relaxing music i can listen to. Preferbly not post-rock because i have probably heard it. It would be cool if your artists your recommending had maybe some orchestral effect but without it is fine. Thanks

has no signature.
Umm jamiroquai has some great chillout tracks..
i love Robert Miles - Children ( dreams version) <-- best electronica ever written..
Cradle of filth ? Jokes, Ambient music is good, also Smooth-Jazz is top notch for relaxation.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
radiohead - anything from kid a mostly, but anything from them, i recommend street spirit

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

I think post-rock is actually one of the most in-your-face and unrelaxing types of music there is to be honest.

But my answer would have to be any cool-jazz. Think Miles Davis "birth of the cool" type stuff. Or Dave Brubeck's "Take Five"... stuff like that.

Quote by pangui
I think post-rock is actually one of the most in-your-face and unrelaxing types of music there is to be honest.

But my answer would have to be any cool-jazz. Think Miles Davis "birth of the cool" type stuff. Or Dave Brubeck's "Take Five"... stuff like that.

I'm guessing your obviously not thinking the same post rock i am. Explosions in the sky? Mogwai?

has no signature.
Quote by 11223344554433
I'm guessing your obviously not thinking the same post rock i am. Explosions in the sky? Mogwai?

I forgot Explosions in the Sky, they are pretty relaxing I guess. But I was thinking more along the lines of Sigur Ros and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. They're both pretty intense.
EDIT: and I haven't heard Mogwai so I don't know bout them.

Last edited by pangui at Apr 4, 2008,
Listen to Air; they're absolutely wonderful for relaxation.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
I like classical or simple death metal for relaxing.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.