Hey guys
Im getting some new effects soon and Im torn between a multieffects and singles.
But the thing you have to remember is that I am buying these effects purely for my own entertainment and fun not for professional gigging. Im not tone crazy but I know crap tone.
The options are:
1: A Bad monkey overdrive, MXR M-108 eq, Digitech whammy, dunlop535q wah and a boss dd6 delay. I love these effects but maybe I would have more fun with a multi effects because of there endless possibilties?

2: Boss GT-8 Multieffects. Seems to be the best in the catagory but not my personal favourite upon looking at its features. Havnt tried it though.

3: Zoom G9.2tt Multieffects. Peoples opinions on this seem to be divided, some love it, some hate it. Looking at it, I actually really want this one the most because of its features and the way its used. But I'm worried the distorion isnt that great. I have the G2 model already and I love its effects but the distortion sounds like ass to me haha.

Spending time programming multieffects doesnt worry me, in fact I quite enjoy it. And the Multieffects are cheaper too which is a bonus.
So what do you guys think I should do? And if I could here the reasons for your answers too that would be great.

Btw I dont want people posting "use the search bar" and "Single effects always are better" because that is of no help to me. And btw I've probably already read every thread I can find on the subject. I only post because I want your opinion on my personal circumstance.

Thanks guys for any help, In fact thanks for just reading it all
There's a reason why Multi-effects are cheaper, which is mainly because of the fact that they're digital. If that doesn't phase you though, I'd go for option 2; Although option 1 appeals to me the most.
If your thinking of playing live avoid multieffects at all costs, for my band I used multieffects (Korg Ax3000g) for two gigs.

In the first the thing wouldn't turn on. This probably wouldn't be a problem for you, but there a lot less reliable.

In the second, I had spent hours programing it , so all the sounds sounded good and at similar levels. I plugged it in and the cleans was way louder than my distortion and while on stage i have to program it to get the correct volumes.

If that makes any sence to you, get the singles.
There's a reason why Multi-effects are cheaper, which is mainly because of the fact that they're digital.

Most modulation stompboxes are digital as well. With anything of decent quality, there is absolutely no reason that a multi-effects unit can't sound as good or better than a collection of stompboxes.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Most modulation stompboxes are digital as well. With anything of decent quality, there is absolutely no reason that a multi-effects unit can't sound as good or better than a collection of stompboxes.

^ Good point.

Btw anyone know anything about the GT 10? Its got a usb conector for the comp and a looper. But the whole EZ tone thing is stupid. Why would someone buy one of those things if they didnt know anything about using an EQ
Quote by Archeo Avis

True, my post was biased a lot from my opinion of not liking digital effects though.
I'd go for the GT-8 or 10. Lots of possibilities, good quality effects and lots of professional artists (Opeth amongst others) use it. Maybe separate high end effects are better for recording, but for live & rehearsal no one will notice the difference.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
It's really about the money. Digital is digital be it a single pedal or multi. With a single pedal they spend more time with that specific tone where a multi is more compromise. But if you want serious pedals it's going to cost you. I'm looking at a pedal that cost the same price as my amp so take that for what it's worth. But out of your choices I'd go with number 1 for slightly better quality, 2 for more of everything (but it would be a POD XTL) and 3 I've never tried so I don't know.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I say go for the multi. It sounds like it's the kind of thing you want, and it's not like you're looking at the cheap nasty Digitech things
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I would get the single fx, really good sound in a few boxes than mediocre sound in one big one. thats probably the best and most logical option. Grab all the individual boxes
Quote by timi_hendrix
I say go for the multi. It sounds like it's the kind of thing you want, and it's not like you're looking at the cheap nasty Digitech things

+1. A quality multi, in your situation, sounds good.