I have a Schecter Omen 6 Extreme and I am considering upgrading pickups. I am looking for a configuration that can deliver thick distorted tones, yet have a nice and warm clean sound. I have considered active EMGs but I'm not sure how well they would deliver when it comes to cleans.
if youre going for active pickups does your guitar have a battery compartment?
Dancing In Your Dust
I'd recommend a Gibson PAF, but the EMGs have decent cleans from what I can tell.
Quote by Moe.
What amp are you playing through?

+1

If you have a crappy amp its probably better to upgrade that than the pickups.
Quote by BrockTandem
I am looking for a configuration that can deliver thick distorted tones, yet have a nice and warm clean sound.

Avoid active pickups then. Far too clinical sounding, very dry and characterless. Try alnico PAF types, if you've got a decent amp there's no reason to use especially high-output pickups.
i gfot exactly the same amp, get some seymour duncans. distortions are good and despite the name give great clean sound. i've got them on my lp and they sund brilliant.
I am leaning towards Seymour Duncans, considering their versatility which I have read about. But which models to get?
I'd go for a DiMarzio PAF for your neck to deliver your warm jazzy clean sounds and a DiMarzio Super Distortion for classic heavy distortion and biting leads. You can't go wrong with a PAF and a Super Distortion
Quote by XtAsY2007
I'd go for a DiMarzio PAF for your neck to deliver your warm jazzy clean sounds and a DiMarzio Super Distortion for classic heavy distortion and biting leads. You can't go wrong with a PAF and a Super Distortion

Sounds like a suitable combination. I'll enquire further...
Quote by BrockTandem
I am leaning towards Seymour Duncans, considering their versatility which I have read about. But which models to get?

Distortion mayhem set, about £100 and rele, rele nice sounds.
I have an Omen 6, and the pickup combination in my signature gives me a pretty wide range of tones, including thick distorted sounds and warm cleans.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
It's a basswood body, I would go with a PAF style as well. neck I would go for a Seymour 59' . they are pretty much unsurpassed as far as a neck PAF in my opinion. Bridge I would recommend either a Duncan Distortion or Dimarzio PAF Pro or Tone Zone.
Washburn N4
Gibson Les Paul Standard 60's neck
Warmoth Strat w/ SD and fender PU's
Carvin VL212
ADA MP1
Boss GT-10
i play a epi firebird similar specs, i recently upgraded my pickups to swineshead pickups

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk

i bought the warthog set and the sound is phenomenal, the cleans are beautiful and the distortion is thick and heavy.

id seriously check them out if i was u