I'm about 185cm and weigh about 85kg, this is my first year of union. I'll obviously be a forward, but what should I be?
I'm not sure, man, it just sounded like a funny answer. I think you steal the ball from the other guys right outta the scrum or something.
1968 - 1996

Remember... Everything.
Quote by rockguitarist97
I'm not sure, man, it just sounded like a funny answer. I think you steal the ball from the other guys right outta the scrum or something.

lol okay

anyone else? I forgot to mention that I played in primary school for half a season and I was a second row (not that that probably really matters now, I'm playing in the opens and the boys are much bigger)
be the guy that everyone rapes after the game

the hooker is the one that stands in between the two props and kicks the ball out of a scrum
Rockin' shit
Quote by kenan6346
lol okay

anyone else? I forgot to mention that I played in primary school for half a season and I was a second row (not that that probably really matters now, I'm playing in the opens and the boys are much bigger)

be a winger, the least responsobillity and most likely to score.
catcher?
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
Quote by jimmyhotpants
be the guy that everyone rapes after the game

the hooker is the one that stands in between the two props and kicks the ball out of a scrum

oh kk (not @ the rape thing tho)
you keep the scrum tight by pushin in at a a slight angle and you break off to hammer the scrum half and or number 8, 185cm is big but 85kg isnt enough for number 8 but u sound like a good flanker

i'm a flanker
youre not that heavy for a guy whos 185 cm depending on your ability you could drop back to standoff?
[lUlLaBiEs tO pAraLyZE]
Play league instead. Y'know, a real sport.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by King Baby Duck
be a winger, the least responsobillity and most likely to score.

least responsibility? ptff yeah right! Wingers are a vital role on defense. If you cant tackle the fastest players in the game then youve got no chance at doing well on the wing. For me ive playd rugby for 13 years, first half of those years i played flanker then moved to 2nd five for a couple of years but for the last 2 years ive been wing/full back.
Ibanez RG350ex
whats your speed like?
also, are you a good tackler, in both technique and sheer bravery?
can you pass wel?l (though passing is easy to train up so i wouldnt worry about it much)

'cause thats all its going to boil down to at the end of the day

tbh i'm probs a bit taller than you and a bit lighter and i play on the flank- i get by through pure technique in the tackle and speed around the park lol

at any rate your coaches should have enough experience and sense to allocate you a position and train you into it according to your body type and ability anyways so I wouldn't lose much sleep over it

what club you playing for anyway?
"Their eyes, black in kingdoms of gold, like the rocks of this desert, where we wander in circles, tails up the ass of time..."
85kg? go wing or centre, u'll get hammered if ur only 85kg. and ye maybe hooker, hookers are the playmakers or be a flyhalf if u can kick.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by Ed Hunter

+1

Union's for queers.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
well, i only really know football
so i'd say off of what you said, be a forward
or be a hooker...whatever the frig that is
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
Quote by Ed Hunter

cant we all just get along

Rugby>NRL
my first union game tomorrow im pumped but scared im in under 15's i weight 60kgs and 180 cm tall one of smallest kids on team oh and were the smallest team in the comp and im vsing a maori team tomorrow and wait your playing open and your 85kg and u want to be front row? play wing man thats what im hopefully doing are you talking about union?
Quote by macaroni
85kg? go wing or centre, u'll get hammered if ur only 85kg. and ye maybe hooker, hookers are the playmakers or be a flyhalf if u can kick.

size isnt as near as important as technique but ofcourse you do have to have some core strength and be quick witted
Ibanez RG350ex
You sounds like the build for a flanker, although you are a bit too light by the sounds of it. Have a look at flanker or prop.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
thanks for all your help

I would play league but its not offered at school
I remeasured myself, I'm 185cm but I'm liek 88.4kg (not that much diff. but watevr)

Speed is pretty average, since its basically my first time in ages my skill is somewhat lacking, I can pass alright because I play touch every now and then. I don't reckon they'd let me be a back coz I'm too slow, and in size I'm pretty big for my team; I'll probably be in the 4ths or the 5ths (if there's gonna be a 5ths).

and also...um what's standoff?
I played for like 8 years, played wing, first five, and full back. Always wanted to be half back though. I am tall though, always was one of tallest in my team, was never a forward though, I guess that's because of my weight. If you are fast I recon you should actually try being a back, if you have brains, can pass and tackle, then 2nd five or centre. But if you have to be a forward, you wouldn't be big enough for a hooker probably, I'd say, maybe flanker?
Quote by Regression
I played for like 8 years, played wing, first five, and full back. Always wanted to be half back though. I am tall though, always was one of tallest in my team, was never a forward though, I guess that's because of my weight. If you are fast I recon you should actually try being a back, if you have brains, can pass and tackle, then 2nd five or centre. But if you have to be a forward, you wouldn't be big enough for a hooker probably, I'd say, maybe flanker?

I don't think I have to be forward but I think I'd be too slow to be a back

I'm not that built, I should probably do weights
Quote by kenan6346
*noob question* this involves doing what?

As a hooker your in the middle of the 2 props and your job is to hook the ball back so that the you gain possesion of the ball. But i wouldnt recomend hooker for you as your to tall, your exactly the same height as me except your about 6kg heavier so id put you in second row were i play

Good luck.
Quote by punkextremest
Steve owns it again lol

Quote by Steve The Plank
I always own it, you know that.

Good old Steve =D
Quote by kenan6346
I don't think I have to be forward but I think I'd be too slow to be a back

I'm not that built, I should probably do weights

I see, well unless your whole team is like strangely skinny for a rugby team I cant see you being a prop or hooker, and if you don't think you'd be a good back there isn't much left. How's your boot, because if you can work on your passing, maybe half back?
WATERBOY!
Cause Water sucks! Gatoraide's better!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Regression
I see, well unless your whole team is like strangely skinny for a rugby team I cant see you being a prop or hooker, and if you don't think you'd be a good back there isn't much left. How's your boot, because if you can work on your passing, maybe half back?

Well the players in my team aren't likely to be really huge (we haven't actually started trials we're just doing pre-season training) coz it'll be be a low team, and like I said I'd be able to get a bit bigger, I've got about 3 weeks till trials and a month till our first match, what weight would I want to be to get a forward position?