Alright so the story is my guitar that I bought like 3 weeks ago went into the shop a week ago (something wrong with wiring), but the guy who works for Fender lives and works like 3 hours away from my town, and when he came in yesterday, they called me and told me he didnt have the guitar... so they were saying they may ask me to trade it out, but they do not carry anymore MIM HSS Strats, so if I do this, what guitar should I trade it out for? It has to be around $500 and the store only sells Fender, PRS, Squier, Dean, ESP, and Ibanez? Please note I am looking for at least a humbucker in the bridge position, can have one in the neck too. Thank you UG!

edit: I play classic rock and blues rock
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
dont get a dean...by personal experience i find their tone rather trebly and almost a bit hollow. i own only esps and ibanez and id have to say you cant really go wrong with either. personally, id go with an ibanez over the esp just for the simple fact that the cheaper ibanezes dont have emgs which im not really fan of. they are pretty versitile and quite comftorable to play. also if your playing classic rock, i wouldnt take an esp just because of the fact that their sound is pretty saturated. i know it sounds pretty oulandish taking an ibanez over a fender or a prs but i play lots of styles of music, mainly dream theater prog but ivve never been unhappy with one of my ibanezes in any musical situation
Quote by HIM%(^
dont get a dean...by personal experience i find their tone rather trebly and almost a bit hollow. i own only esps and ibanez and id have to say you cant really go wrong with either. personally, id go with an ibanez over the esp just for the simple fact that the cheaper ibanezes dont have emgs which im not really fan of. they are pretty versitile and quite comftorable to play. also if your playing classic rock, i wouldnt take an esp just because of the fact that their sound is pretty saturated. i know it sounds pretty oulandish taking an ibanez over a fender or a prs but i play lots of styles of music, mainly dream theater prog but ivve never been unhappy with one of my ibanezes in any musical situation

The guy has a Micro Cube. Tone is not an issue here, because a 3 grand guitar still won't sound professional.

TS, I'd go with the PRS for your style, but check out the Ibanez selection, as it's likely you'll fall in love with their necks. Ibanez S320 maybe.
i was looking at the PRS Soapbar II if they have it, but yeah Im going to try them out which models do you think would fit me best from Ibanez and ESP?
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Ibanez S of some description for versatility and good floating bridge. ESP EC of some description, probably.
Quote by Mary Just
go and try 'em out?

+1 aaaaaaah yeah!
Thank you please.
That sux that they lost your strat man, I love strats! But hey if you have those options and they don't have any more fat strats, for $500 you could get a decent Ibanez RG or an S model, my RG4EXQM was only $455 and I love it! Or you chould get a Dean Vendetta 3.0, I have one of those too, neck tru and two humbuckers, no trem though!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Just get another Strat. Or sue them for some bizarre reason?
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
Get a tele.
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi
Do it once, it's a mistake.

Keep doing it, it's Jazz.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.