I have no idea why, but lately my guitar has just been coming out of tune REALLY rapidly!

It was fine before but it's sudden;y started un-tuning itself, sometimes by a whole note, even if I haven't played anything on that string since I last tuned it!

I have no idea why it's doing this and it's becoming seriously frustrating!

It's and Ibanez GRG170DX if that helps at all!

Thanks!

Mike
Maybe the strings are not properly in.. i had that once... like the little ring can get trapped in the little holes
Quote by Heat-13
Maybe the strings are not properly in.. i had that once... like the little ring can get trapped in the little holes

I was going to re-string the guitar! Would that help it in any way?
Just take it to a nearby shop. Solves all problems.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
restring it (properly ) and if problems still happen take it to a shop and ask them set it up.
Quote by Joelieo
It's a poor guitar for tuning, I have one with the same problem.

Edit: Blocking the trem solves this problem.

Sorry for the rather noobish question but what's 'blocking the trem'?
not sure if you found your answer and i have a Strat so not sure on your set up. There are several ways to do it like - cutting a block of wood to fit space between metal trem block and body at back side of guitar. i personally wouldn't do this unless last resort? did you change string gauge (like .09 to .10s)?

Search: 'blocking the trem' ....don't take my advice necessarily 'cause i don't know Ibanez

last time i had this problem (tuning) i bought new springs for trem claw, tightened down bridge screws on top, etc. Also, i use my wammy bar ALOT so my trem block and springs take a lot of abuse.
hope that helps and good luck
I've worked out what's wrong!

(Excuse the crap explanation)
The bridge is supposed to be straight so that there is no tension on the strings and so you can bend the whammy bar down and up! It's bent so the back is touching the body and you can't bend it up. That's causing the strings too be slack or whatever.

I know what I mean! :p

Will tightening the bolts on the end of the bridge make the bridge be straight with the strings again?