Long story short:

Up until about 3 years ago, I had played in a band for roughly 6-7 years. During those years, I was a machine. Great technique, and IMHO, not a half bad guitar player.

Like I said, its been about 3 years and lately I feel like I can't do anything with my guitar. A few months ago, my passion for guitar was re-ignited and I'm playing every day again, but I feel like I'm not progressing, or learning at all. I'm not playing within a tenth of what I used to be capable of. I'm sure a part of it is 3-years of muscle atrophy, but I feel like I've forgotten everything I once knew. Even the way I'm holding my picks these days, it just feels wrong...

This ever happen to anyone else?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Sometimes it just happens. It'll fix itself in time.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
Can't do that I'm afraid
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
It will come back quicker than when you were learning. When i got my current job i stopped playing for a while. Lost a lot of my technique, and now im better than I was, after practicing.
You're a much more experienced guitarist than I. About 12 years ago I had taken a year's worth of guitar lessons, but as it turned out my life situation changed and I couldn't devote the time to guitar that I wanted to and I gave it up. Last summer I've picked it up again. It's taken me about six months of practice to get to back to were I was when I left off. I wouldn't pressure yourself, take your time and practice at a managable pace. It will return to you.
Thanx for the advice everyone

I'm just going nuts knowing what I want to do and not being able to actually pull it off. I know I was better than this.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Usually it lasts for a day with me...On some days i will pick up my guitar, start playing, and just mess everything up left and right....
Quote by masterk1818
I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen.

He just keeps thrusting

^Talking about his dog

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

^if you don't get it, search for Duel of the Farts
im like this sometimes, some days its not happening, but some, everything seems to fall into place.

id just take it easy, and try to play what you enjoy, and hopefully, ull pick up what you used to know naturally again