Hi all,

for the last month, I have been making use of a Grainger Hammerhead half stack, 25/50w tube amp.

While it has been great, the size of this thing is massive... taking this thing up and down for gigs and jamming with the band is tiring indeed.

Would u guys recommened a tiny terror instead of the Hammerhead amp? Would it be of equal tone?

Even though the tiny terror is only 15w, most gigs would be mic'ed up anyway so its all good.

Cheers.
Tiny Terror would have better tone but would struggle for pristine cleans at gigging volume. It'd be perfect for those on-the-edge to full-on distorted tones. A Tiny Terror combo is coming out soon, might be worth looking into that if you're after portability.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Biatch
Hi all,

for the last month, I have been making use of a Grainger Hammerhead half stack, 25/50w tube amp.

While it has been great, the size of this thing is massive... taking this thing up and down for gigs and jamming with the band is tiring indeed.

Would u guys recommened a tiny terror instead of the Hammerhead amp? Would it be of equal tone?

Even though the tiny terror is only 15w, most gigs would be mic'ed up anyway so its all good.

Cheers.

cant comment on the rig you ae using but my tiny terror is wicked. lovely tone and its fairly light...
Thank you please.
Either way, it sounds like what you need is a smaller cab. Maybe sell that 4x12 and find a 2x12, instead.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Do you like the tone of your Grainger? If so, I'd just get a smaller combo thing to take to jam sessions and rehearsals, and use the Granger for gigs still. Actually, that IS what I did, and it works out pretty well. Although I may end up getting some sort of tube amp after I get a job...
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Are Graingers any good?
I've never tried one out but have been quite interested with them being so cheap!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
yea actually the grainger is great. good for indie type music which is what i play. i have a marshall shredmaster and a big muff which can get me some megadeth tones which is fantastic.

generally its good. just wouldnt mind selling it and getting a smaller head..
Orange TT is perfect for loud high-ish gain stuff.

Without a mic it can get over a drummer from light classic rock through to metal tones.