Notepad.

W0rdp4d is t3h 5uckZ0rz
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Slooj, I'd bang you so hard.

••The Robin Trower Fans Group••
PM me to join!
Notepad for sure.

FrontPage is ok, I guess. But I find it too fussy.
HTML-kit is good and free. For the love of god, don't use Dreamweaver or Frontpage or something.
gedit

Like Notepad, but better (and for Linux - not sure if there's a Windows or Mac version available). You can tell it to highlight syntax from a number of programming and markup languages for you.
Notepad++

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

Frontpage i find is the easiest to use...

If your up on all of the HTML script BS then i guess notepad would be easier to manipulate exactly how you want, otherwise, just cheat and use frontpage
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
notepad
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by Till From Kenig
I, medick and Zappp prefer EditPlus

I just looked up.

Looks like I'm going to use this for a long, long time.

Quote by Till From Kenig
I, medick and Zappp prefer EditPlus

That's a five-star review for any company
notepad 2 or if ya want something like frontpage: download NVU
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by Klayy
vim

Blasted, you beat me to it!

I like vim, but if you are allergic to the command line, then Notepad++ is pretty good as well, it just depends what you are looking for.

An HTML editor is different from web design software (which I guess you could call an HTML IDE), if you just want to edit raw HTML then you can use notepad++ or vim, but if you want to design a full web page from the ground up then you'll want something like dreamweaver, unless you are really patient and good at HTML :p

It just depends on what you are looking for
i was brought up on notepad but i use dreamweaver on real projects because it's on all the machines i use, it makes code easier to read, allows you to go faster, and helps you to use everything you know w/o searching for it

EDIT: i don't really use it for html it's moar for php, cf, ant javascript
Last edited by mrmarc772 at Apr 4, 2008,