i know this is a stupid questiuon but ive never ued a head/cab together i normally use a combo

i not sure how to connect my head to my cab they came as a package but it says

Head
Power: RMS 120 Watts
Speaker connections 2x Jacks (4 Ohms)

cab
Power: RMS 200 Watts
Inputs: 2x Jacks
Impedance: 8 Ohms

help please cause i dont want to damage anything
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
Last edited by sammixuk at Apr 4, 2008,
biggie is ohms. make sure your head's never is lower than the cabs. (warning i dont know more than the bare bones basics on this)

you should be fine with the amp as is because the ohms thing goes downward like:

8ohms cab and 8ohms cab would need a 4 ohms head. (8 + 8 = 4 ... yeah. electrical engineers arnt very good with math i guess.)

but the short answer is. buy a SPEAKER cable (not instrument. cant stress that enough) and just run it through one of the "speaker out"s in the head to ethier of the cab's ins.

the idea is most cabs run mono. and that when you put it in one of the in's the other in becomes an out so you could daisy chain it technically but i dont know enough to advise on that. some cabs tho can run in stereo with two cables from the head to the amp but if you dont know assume mono.

and enjoy your new head and cab
you have just confused the s*** out of me XDDDD

if you want to see it i got these

CLICKY HERE
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
Have you checked the manual?
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
i knew that was gonna come up XD
that was more confusing than that guys comment XD
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Is there no way to change the output resistance on your head?
If you can put it to 8 ohm, just connect 1 cable to your cab.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower