Page 1 of 2
Simple question, for a school research project: "What does hardcore mean to you"?
thats not what im asking, im asking what meaning does hardcore music have to yourself personally. what does it mean to you?
to me the only good hardcore was a 15 mins hardcore match when the title could change hands unlimited times with in the 15 mins, at wrestlemania

Quote by Shirate
Hardcore, to me, is a waste of talented musicians and guitar amps.

then why are you here?

As far as definition goes, kinda like was already said, punk but faster and heavier.
Personally, its just..fun music haha. I'm not sure how else to put it.
energy
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
My local hardcore scene means a lot to me. It's something to do where I don't feel totally alienated. Playing it is a good form of expression. Really all there is to it for me.

It didn't "save my life", or some bull**** like that, but it sure as hell helped me find myself and not be a ****up.
It means fucking shit with my crew. Tough guy sXe for life!!!

/blatant sarcasm

Hardcore punk actually used to mean a whole lot to me. Whenever I'm angry I still throw on some Circle Jerks or Black Flag.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Apr 4, 2008,
hardcore is not too much more then music for me tbh. im somewhat involved in my local scene, but its not all i listen to, and i dont feel more connected or anything by being part of a scene, im still my own person and would be with or without hardcore. i just love the music.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
basically having a good time with friends while listening to music you love and means something
it's just good to know im not the only person in the world that feels an unreasonable amount of anger.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
hardcore is just something that me and my friends can share

like playing with my band, it gives us a chance to just hang out and do stuff we enjoy, especially since i dont see my friends too much because of school
Hardcore for me is relief. When Dream Theater, Yes, or Dr. Dre doesn't fit the mood, I always know that Gorilla Biscuits, Dangers, and Champion will just hit the spot. Hardcore to me has a lot to do with the shows. In a circle pit, everyone is family. Although you're beating the crap out of the people around you, they'll pick you up when you fall over. There is nothing but raw emotion and energy. I feel a euphoria that no drug could give me. It makes me feel a part of something different and amazing. Thats hardcore for me.
Quote by HelpTravesty
In a circle pit, everyone is family. Although you're beating the crap out of the people around you, they'll pick you up when you fall over. There is nothing but raw emotion and energy. I feel a euphoria that no drug could give me. It makes me feel a part of something different and amazing. Thats hardcore for me.

Give this man a f*cking medal.
to me its a a passion a way of life for some people. doesn't matter where you are circle pit at the back or at the front if u fall down people will help you up.

you seem to get along with people better while your listening to your favourite hardcore bands then if you see them randomly in the street

its one big family

www.myspace.com/strikebackhxc add us havent gotten a drummer yet but still looking
Nothing gets me more pumped than blasting hardcore... I really have never identified with it as a means of expressing anger, I like to listen to it before track and cross country meets to get excited, or while I'm running by myself. Also, playing it extremely loud while in the car with friends is really fun, haha. I actually only listen to it when I'm really happy or excited, now that I come to think of it...
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4

Schecter Damien-6
The breakdowns just make me want to go nuts
And a wise man once said:

"7 Strings are more brutal than 6"
for me hardcore stands for friends, family, the unity!
Quote by dointime024
I stole a pair of my friend's mother's panties. They were clean so it was rather dissapointing when I took a wiff.
a fast in your face music and a freethinkinng lifestyle
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
hardcore means a good ****ing time!
haha, but I do enjoy the stage dives and sing - a - longs....
Gear Now:
Epiphone G400
JCM 900 4100
1960a cab
SD - 1

Next:
EQ Pedal

Go! Go! Bronco

You won't ever see me falling to my knees
I won't live for something I can't see
Last edited by okaykiddo at Apr 7, 2008,
hardcore to me.

is the energy you GET when the song begins. its the adrenaline you get when punching the floor after a bad day in school. its the sound of your knees cracking while running in the circle pit but you just can't stop because there is no tomorrow. its the handshake you get after pulling a fallen stranger up from the ground. its the pump you get during the end of the song where everyone pushes forward, puts their fists in the air and scream the exact same words into each others faces.

either that or its the x-ed up fists, camo shorts, those hip-hop looking flat hats with the golden shiny sticker and the keys with the hooks to hook on your pants
Quote by recklessnick
hardcore to me.those hip-hop looking flat hats with the golden shiny sticker

You mean New Era hats.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Quote by recklessnick
hardcore to me.

is the energy you GET when the song begins. its the adrenaline you get when punching the floor after a bad day in school. its the sound of your knees cracking while running in the circle pit but you just can't stop because there is no tomorrow. its the handshake you get after pulling a fallen stranger up from the ground. its the pump you get during the end of the song where everyone pushes forward, puts their fists in the air and scream the exact same words into each others faces.

backed.
Quote by recklessnick
hardcore to me.

either that or its the x-ed up fists, camo shorts, those hip-hop looking flat hats with the golden shiny sticker and the keys with the hooks to hook on your pants

Thats Hardcore

if that wasn't so long i'ld sig that
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
Last edited by outlaw metaler at Apr 7, 2008,
i just see it as a way to destress from everything that goes on around me .
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by recklessnick
fail

i believe your in no position to state that.

EDIT: even though i agree with you, sometimes it's better to keep it to yourself eh?
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by 'StoleN'
i believe your in no position to state that.

EDIT: even though i agree with you, sometimes it's better to keep it to yourself eh?

Errm what?
Page 1 of 2