Thinking about customizing my guitar, dont have cash to go out and buy a brand new guitar so was going to a little bit a each month on my current guitar. The thing is I dont know where to start. Its a behringer iaxe393 http://www.behringer.com/iAXE393/ its a strat style guitar. I play mainly classic rock/blues and indie music. I would like to maye give it a wee paint job but dont know how I would go about doing it.

The things is I dont really know where to start or what to look for and I was hoping you guys on here could maybe give me a clue of where to start and where to finish.
Ok well for sound you could always get new pickups, locking tuners, new bridge etc. Now for a paint job you would need to take everything off, sand it and you should then bring it in to someone to paint it.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
Ok well for sound you could always get new pickups, locking tuners, new bridge etc. Now for a paint job you would need to take everything off, sand it and you should then bring it in to someone to paint it.

What websites would I goto to get new pickups, locking tuners, new brigde. Also what is locking tuners?

What type of pick ups should I go for? What difference would a new bridge make?
um... check musicians friend.com for all those things. Locking tuners are these and they keep your guitar in tune better. check the pickups on musicians friend and sorry when I said a new bridge I meant new saddles, which are these hope this helped
Gear:
Line6 UX2
sorry again, I didn't answer some of your questions:S
For pickups your first gonna have to tell me what style you play.
and new saddles will help with the sustain of your notes.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Quote by mrxtreme_4
sorry again, I didn't answer some of your questions:S
For pickups your first gonna have to tell me what style you play.
and new saddles will help with the sustain of your notes.

I play classic rock/indie and blues. So with those styles what would you suggest is the best pickups to get?

Also would it be an idea to get a new neck for it? Go for a rosewood neck maybe..
Last edited by slowhands1981 at Apr 6, 2008,