Page 1 of 7
I used to think you have to spin the whammy bar and I was sitting there in the store going "omg wtf!!! this thing doesn't work!!!"...

any similar stories?
I used to play fall out boy.......

/thread
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by saphrax
Played Stairway in a guitar store...

... so?

I play stairway all the time at my local store.

Noone cares.
hue
Quote by sock_demon
... so?

Noone cares.

I'm guessing playing Stairway means you're a n00b, but if you can do it good then it's okay. I'm also guessing you can play well .
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

Quote by sock_demon
... so?

Noone cares.

they care.

TRUST ME.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
In reference to the Wah effect on a ZOOM pedal:

''So if if i just keep pressing these button[foot switches], it will go ''wah wah wah''? ''
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by saphrax
Played Stairway in a guitar store...

I did that without ever watching the movie and everyone stopped and started laughing there ass off There should be actual signs.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I thought the same thing as the TS too, and when I saw loose trem arms swinging around, i wondered why they weren't doing the effect.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Feischti
I used to think you have to spin the whammy bar and I was sitting there in the store going "omg wtf!!! this thing doesn't work!!!"...

any similar stories?

I used to think a whammy bar was a stand for a guitar
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
I did that without ever watching the movie and everyone stopped and started laughing there ass off There should be actual signs.

at my local guitar center, there is a big sign that says "NO STAIRWAY, SWEET CHILD, OR ERUPTION", haha.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
at my local guitar center, there is a big sign that says "NO STAIRWAY, SWEET CHILD, OR ERUPTION", haha.

That would have been nice
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
i petended my guitar was a bull and i rode round the lounge like a cowboy.
'id give you one of my beers but i only have six' - deja voodoo
Quote by DiveRightIn63

Haters :P
As I always say: "Rawr"
I talked ****e about guitars when i didn't understand them ofc.

and same as TS :P and thought that to be in tune,l the pegs had to be in a row. lol/
^^ WIN

I held the guitar the wrong way, and thought the picks were just little plastic things that had came with the guitar for no reason.
Quote by ZanasCross
My roommate, who is now basically legendary guitarist, originally didn't know you had to push the strings down... he played almost two months without pushing down on any strings.

Leaving him playing open strings? ROFL! That's genius!
i could never get the amps in the guitar center to work
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
+1 for the TS.

I also thought that to tremolo/alternate pick you had to grow your nail out because i couldnt do it with a pick.
i used to put my fingers on the frets, not behind them.

i used to think that the tremolo thing was a wah wah pedal, lol.
wat.
Quote by KevVin

and same as TS :P and thought that to be in tune,l the pegs had to be in a row. lol/

same here, I did a bunch of stuff, but those are the ones that come to mind. I started playing bass way back when I started getting into music, and I had no idea wtf a whammy bar was and thought that was what you were supposed to do with them.
I thought the whammy bar was just a replacement for vibrato and bending.

As in I didn't even think it was supposed to be used...
... so?

Noone cares.

Ever see waynes world?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"

The most embarassing thing I've done is just not know the names of the different parts to the guitar, I get mocked at school for that
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
I used to try and tune a Floyd Rose set up the same way that you tune a regular guitar, luckily I gave up on tuning the guitar before I broke the strings. I only learned of my impending doom because the guitar store guy walked up as I was trying to tune a Floyd Rose setup and then stopped me and taught me how.
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by SsPunk
i used to put my fingers on the frets, not behind them.

I used to do that!
it took me a 2 weeks to realise you're supposed to use more than 1 finger at a time.

possibly the biggest breakthrough EVER.
I called frets, 'terts', because I misheard my friend saying it.

.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
i wanted to "Customise" my guitar. SO i got a silver marker and a bunch of stickers. My first guitar looks like **** now.

Only a 50 buck squire. I've been treating my current guitar much better
Quote by Feischti

any similar stories?

That's supprisingly common actually

I remember once trying to play by actually pressing on the metal frets themselves
I put the strap just over my neck and didnt put my arm through, i was wondering why it killed my neck so much then realised i was being a dick lol
Quote by punkextremest
Steve owns it again lol

Quote by Steve The Plank
I always own it, you know that.

Good old Steve =D
I can hardly remember...that was a past life.

There are kids graduating high school that were born the day I started.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."