e |--8p6p5h6h5--|

For a lick like that, would you pick just the first note? my legato doesn't seem to be loud enough on the last few notes when I pick just once, and the e string is always coming off the edge of the fretboard. When I'm doing on b, my fingers hit the others strings

Help sexy UG!
Just takes practice my freind but just try to maximise the effiecient of your movement when you pull of or hammer. A good tip is to hammer on as close to the fret as possible and you will get most volume easily. But yeh otherwise sounds like your just trying to hard just completely relaxe your hand and just legato between two notes for a while and do some exercises and you will get it down dont worry. and yeh maybe try other techniques like slides makes it sound more interesting
all in one pick my friend!
Practice, practice, practice
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by myearshurt

my legato doesn't seem to be loud enough on the last few notes when I pick just once, and the e string is always coming off the edge of the fretboard. When I'm doing on b, my fingers hit the others strings

Congradulations! You've discovered what learning an instrument is about.

Most things you try to do at first you'll think are nearly impossible. Legato is
one of those things people can attempt for years and still not get it very good.
The E string comes off the fretboard and you hit adjacent strings on the B string
(and probably all the others), because your technique is undeveloped.

For starters, work slowly and notice what it takes to do those things without the
problems you encounter. Usually it's too much tension and too much force. Iterate
on a solution and keep practicing it slow enough that you don't encounter the
problems.