Do any of you guys own one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VOLUME-BOX-FOR-PEAVEY-CLASSIC-30-50-5150-X-DELTA-BLUES_W0QQitemZ190210970318QQihZ009QQcategoryZ38076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've been thinking of getting one for my Peavey C30 (when I get it)

Does it suck the tone out of the amp though?
That C30 is damn loud, and I wana crank the clean channel but not have it so damn loud that the neighbors call the police on me.

or how about this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Omnisonic-Tube-Amp-VOLUME-BOX-for-PEAVEY-Classic-30-50_W0QQitemZ140221014766QQihZ004QQcategoryZ43375QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I dont own it, but I guess it would work.
However, you wont get power tube saturation, only the pre-amp tubes will be pushed since its in the fx loop. The THD Hotplate gives you power tube saturation as well.

BTW I dont own any of them, I just play damn loud :p

Originally posted by kornrules09
well if it comes with pick, I say get it!
It's basically going to be a master volume control, so you won't be able to drive the poweramp any harder than you normally would.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
It's basically going to be a master volume control, so you won't be able to drive the poweramp any harder than you normally would.

I dunno, if I've figured right, there would be a smaller input volume to the poweramp, so you'd be able to turn up the poweramp more thus driving it?
It's basically for amps which don't have a master volume.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^
Ah, that's good.
So what are attenuators used for? Can't you use the volume box instead?
dont get one of those hotplates they are really expensive.

Id suggest a ted weber attenuator, they use reactive speaker things, i forget what they are called, but its much better then the resistor models like that hotplate, and the weber attenuator is cheaper and works amazingly
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by Horlicks
I dunno, if I've figured right, there would be a smaller input volume to the poweramp, so you'd be able to turn up the poweramp more thus driving it?

I believe it's the amount of work the powertubes do, not how high you turn the knob.
Quote by esp1234
^
Ah, that's good.
So what are attenuators used for? Can't you use the volume box instead?

Attenuators take the signal AFTER the power amp, and then decrease it so the speakers get less signal. That way the power amp section gets pushed, and you get power tube distortion without obscene volume levels. With a volume box the power tubes won't be pushed.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
if you want a bit of extra power do what the pros do, get an eq pedal, and turn everything up, then when you need that extra boost, hit it on.

I do this myself, and it works pretty good, I also know Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine) uses this technique for his solos
Equipment:
=>Gibson ES-137 (Custom) Classic
=>Ibanez 4String Soundgear
=>Peavey Milestone IV
=>Boss Overdrive Bass pedal
=>Vox T-15
=>Traynor 71' Bass Master
=>Traynor Custom Reverb
=>Fender 15-R