I just fitted a set of new strings on my ec-1000 and just wow! it just played so nice and I've been playing non stop for like the last two hours. I've changed the stings on it loads of times but for some reason it just so much better all of a sudden.

oh the strings are D'Addario's which are the same as what I had on before.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Apr 4, 2008,
Yeah, a fresh set of strings is always a nice feeling. Especially after the current strings have been used to hell.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
D'addarios are what i use, good strings.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
yeah I think it might just be I'd forgotten what they felt like it was maybe 3 months ago when i changed them last and I've done a few gigs in that time, I think I need to start changing them more often just I'm a bit lazy when it comes to changing strings. =]
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Apr 4, 2008,
D'addarios are they way forward!
I buy a 10 pack of gauge 11 for £30.00 thats like £3.00 a set!
/CENTER]
Fair enough, I get the same feeling when I change strings sometimes. The mood's almost immediately spoilt by the inevitable tuning slippage for the first few minutes, even after a marathon bout of stretching...

Although I usually think discussions on brands of strings can be a bit banal and pointless, D'Addarios are certainly the most consistent I've ever used, never had a bad pack. Ditto GHS. I avoid Rotosound entirely because I've had strings with loose or broken ball ends on numerous occasions, Ernie Balls lose their tone far too fast, and brands like DR, Optima Gold and Thomastik are simply too expensive for regular gigging.