Howdy--

This may seem like a silly question, but say you're tracking drums and decide to use XLR to 1/4 rather than XLR to XLR cables for the mics. Is there going to in fact be a noticeable difference between the two?

Maybe this is just something I've completely missed over the past 10 years, haha?

Thanks!
shouldnt be a problem...
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
No
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I switch between them all the time. No noticeable difference.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
depends on the 1/4 connector, and the length of cable you are using. If it's an XLR to TRS(tip-ring-sleeve) 1/4", then it's the same thing, since it can remain a balanced cable with 3 conductors. If it's just XLR to 1/4" TS, like the cables that come with a Radio shack mic, then it's not keeping a balanced connection. A balanced connection has the benefit of using phase cancelling to remove outside noise/interference, so you can run long lengths of cable without affecting the signal integrity.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids