The actual sound of it wont be different, but if you wanna plug it in or use it live, it will be much easier to do.
...What? lol. I am asking if there is a difference in sound when you play it without the amp since one is an acoustic-electric and the other is just a acoustic.
Quote by qotsa1998
The actual sound of it wont be different, but if you wanna plug it in or use it live, it will be much easier to do.

Okay I see. So playing it without the amp, I won't hear a difference in sound but when I plug it in with the amp there will be one?
Of course they will sound different... because every acoustic sounds different. You need to play the one you're buying.
electric-acoustics, in my opinion, sound a little thicker. they have electronics in them, keep that in mind. If you wanna have a guitar that you will never play over a large audience, get a regular acoustic. If you're going to play over a audience, but want to keep the same tone of an acoustic, then obviously you buy the acousic-electric.
Quote by corndogggy
Of course they will sound different... because every acoustic sounds different. You need to play the one you're buying.

This man speaks the truth as well. Play the guitar you believe you will be buying. it will help you.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC