I'm afraid that once I go off to college my amp will be too big to have there, or even be too loud. I guess I'm not sure if I'll be gigging a ton or anything, so it's hard to tell at the moment.

My amp is in perfect condition right now and everything so I was wondering if I should sell now, rather than wait 2 years or so before I sell.

I hope you understand what I'm saying. Any advice appreciated I suppose.

EDIT: I know my amp can be turned down so it won't be too loud, but do you think it'd be worth have like 400 watts and never playing it loud? or atleast, not a lot of the time.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
Chances are you'll meet more musicians at college than you ever have before.

If they complain about your amp just tell them you're only storing it there. I had my MAG in halls with me in the first year. It was fine.
I'm basically asking, should I sell it and buy a smaller amp?

thanks for the input, i'll probably end up keeping it :P
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
buy a used, cheap 30 watt amp or something....I'm at college now and I dont even have an amp, I can hear myself fine, and if someone REALLY wants to jam they let me use a guitar amp...its not like playing a bass through a guitar amp for an hour will ruin it forever.
50 bucks?! DEAL! off the amp i'd make a total profit of -650 USDS.

or not.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I was pretty spoiled when I was in uni accommodation because my then girlfriend moved in with me so I could use her place for storage...so I had my 410 and my practice amp there. I was glad to have the larger amp though - handy for parties and disturbing the neighbours. You can always turn a large amp down, but you can't make a small amp loud. The only issue really is space.
how come you can't just leave it at your current loaction and do what hellraiser1133 said and buy a cheap used small amp?
Slap a bass, not a ho.
i would leave the amp at home, and take a small practice amp, or a digital multi effects pedal and headphones. I haven't got a big amp, but that's what i use.
Is there space for the large amp? If so, take it. If no, store the large amp (unless you don't like it) and take the hit on a used 10 watt practise amp. I think you should try hard to keep the large amp, if you'r enot going to replace it right away with one of equal power.
I recently sold my 400 watt bass halfstack due to the fact it just never gets used. not only was it an eyesore to leave in my living room, i was never able to crank it since i lived in apartments.

anyway, you can find some really killer little bass combos that are much more portable than a 400 watt monster. I'm thinking of going with an SWR workingpro 112 myself.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I'm thinking of keeping my Ashdown 1 x 15" 180w at home when I go to university. I mean it's not THAT big really but I wouldn't be able to crank it in the halls. So I'm going to take my 15W Hartke which I like anyway. I'll be doing this unless someone else can persuade me otherwise, should I take the large amp?

I'd be going to UWE and I live in Devon anyway, so it's not too far if my dad drops it off or I pick it up if I need it.
signature
What's the tone/features like on that 400W bad boy? Chances are low volume is still a far cry better than some crappy 20 watt practice amp.

Seriously, I say keep it. No-ones gonna complain JUST about the size, you can keep the volume down and you will no doubt want to buy it/another big amp back in the future at some point.. No sense in wasting money in the long term.
I say keep it, but if not just buy an equally powerful amplifier in a smaller package.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Keep it. Either leave it at home and buy a practice amp, or keep it turned down.
thanks everyone - i'm keeping it.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Don't go to college...

...Problem solved!
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Quote by thedonutman
Keep your large rig at home, and invest in a little Markbass or Phil Jones bass rig.

+1 for MarkBass. They're small and amazing.