Alright lads. Just wondering about your techniques for song writing in a band. As the main song writer of my band, I prefer to get the majority of a new song written before we actually practice so that we can get more done when we get together. What do you do at band practices? Obviously there's the advantage of having the other member's input when you write a song together though ...

What do you think is the best way?

Oh ... I forgot to mention that one of the bands I play in a seven piece Ska band so it can get a bit hectic when everyone is putting ideas forward!
I'm doing it solo right now cuz' i can't find any people to jam with, but i like the songs done before practice.
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
Quote by Rascal_King
Alright lads. Just wondering about your techniques for song writing in a band. As the main song writer of my band, I prefer to get the majority of a new song written before we actually practice so that we can get more done when we get together. What do you do at band practices? Obviously there's the advantage of having the other member's input when you write a song together though ...

What do you think is the best way?

Oh ... I forgot to mention that one of the bands I play in a seven piece Ska band so it can get a bit hectic when everyone is putting ideas forward!

Heh. Well yeah. You write some grounds, but the best music arrives from the musical chemistry between members.
this how we do it.

1. i write entire song or song untill i get stuck at bridge.
2. i teach it too the singer who usually changes my vocal lines, to the better. (i tell him always if it is worse.
3. drummer comes and helps me write a bridge or works out harmonys and basslines and everything.
4. drummer and i play tennis via email with guitar pro files. sending them back and forth untill we have a perfect version of the song.
5. give the song to all the members of the band.
7.record, with guitar pro as the click track.