Page 1 of 6
The title says it all really. At the moment we've got this 'indie' phase with Razorlight an' all that,

But:

- What do you think will be the next trendy genre...
- What genre would you like to see the rebirth of...

electro. i mean it's the new trendy genre right now.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Something electronic and also metal.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
every 27 years glam rock comes back and demands human sacrifice. i cant ****ing wait!

theres a starmmmmmaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn, waiting in the sky!
I have no opinion on this matter.
i'd rather see the re-birth of metal/rock that doesnt involve screaming about how much you hate someone.
wheres the next maiden or led zeppelin already?!
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
i'd rather see the re-birth of metal/rock that doesnt involve screaming about how much you hate someone.

Well, sorry, you're not going to get it. Trendy is usually scene and all the scene kids are into Deathcore now. It's going more towards heavier music with every trend. Personally I'd love to see a rebirth of the 90s indie emo, but that will never be trendy and I never want it to be.
Free love, 60's style.

*Prepares orgy-room*
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It'll be a genre no-one has heard ever, brand new
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Metal will be the next trend
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/

+1

Working on it hoss!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
i'm HOPING the next trendy will be prog metal. but in reality it'll probably be european acoustic, that seems to be taking my school by storm.

i'd like to see a rebirth of swing though
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kensai
Free love, 60's style.

*Prepares orgy-room*

+1. And the next trend will probably have stupider haircuts worse music and just more all round crapness than the last billion trends ever.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
There will be no next Led Zeppelin or Iron Maiden, that kind of music is not trendy or popular anymore(thank god). I'll bet anything Deathcore is the next big trend and also electronic stuff. The scene kids like to try to seem open minded.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Well, sorry, you're not going to get it. Trendy is usually scene and all the scene kids are into Deathcore now. It's going more towards heavier music with every trend. Personally I'd love to see a rebirth of the 90s indie emo, but that will never be trendy and I never want it to be.

well, the "trend" today is arguably indie, which is mostly not as heavy as Led Zeppelin. so there may well be a second Led Zeppelin, if the scene is indeed getting "heavier". and i certainly hope so.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Quote by cheese_weasel
+1. And the next trend will probably have stupider haircuts worse music and just more all round crapness than the last billion trends ever.

true.

It needs to be prog, which isn't all of the above.
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
Quote by chillrock
well, the "trend" today is arguably indie, which is mostly not as heavy as Led Zeppelin. so there may well be a second Led Zeppelin, if the scene is indeed getting "heavier". and i certainly hope so.

No, the trend today is pop rock labeled as indie and emo. There's not going to be another band like Led Zeppelin, and that's a good thing.
Quote by StreetLight3989

i didnt mean it like that
the TS put which genre would you like to see reborn
i want REAL rock bands coming back in, but not in a trendy scene way
Quote by Zugunruhe
every 27 years glam rock comes back and demands human sacrifice. i cant ****ing wait!

I wish!

Newest music trends are probably going be more electronic influenced.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
i hope a band like acdc comes along again, or somethin good. the only real new band i like was velvet revolver, but they just split with scott, so....
meh
Techno and electronica are making major strides.

Unfortunately, none of it is original, and they all have the same beat.

Say goodbye to the age of concerts and touring. DJ Ihavenotalent is coming to an IMAX near you via satellite.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
I would cry if prog became tendy. I seriously would.

I'd like glam punk to be around for like, a month, so that I can be like "HELL YEAH GLAM PUNK" and when everyone realises it's trendy, it's stopped being trendy, and I can be like "Piss off losers"
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
maybe we should just brainwash people to convince them to stop being such stupid trendy fashion victims and tell them to be there ****ing selves
Quote by Zugunruhe

He'd like to come and meet us but he thinks he'd blow our minds!!!

David bowie ftw.
I don't even shred
Electro has consumed my school
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
i didnt mean it like that
the TS put which genre would you like to see reborn
i want bands coming back in, but not in a trendy scene way

There's no such thing as REAL rock, this is why I don't like classic rock elitists. Even if there is a such thing as real rock, it's closer to old school NYC punk than classic rock. Trendy to me means scene and Deathcore will be the next trend. You can still find shitty unoriginal Led Zeppelin and Iron Maiden rip off bands if you want. That's not for me though, I want something fresh and not trendy. Kind of what Folk Punk is doing right now.
Quote by Nebjy
He'd like to come and meet us but he thinks he'd blow our minds!!!

David bowie ftw.
hells yes boi.

wait, i have a question. whats trendy now?
I have no opinion on this matter.
I think it'll be emo-singer songwriter stuff. All the scene kids are gonna get sick of the hardcore-esque stuff and go for something completely opposite
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by StreetLight3989
No, the trend today is pop rock labeled as indie and emo. There's not going to be another band like Led Zeppelin, and that's a good thing.

......... because if there were another band like Led Zeppelin then everyone who is "trendy" and "in with the scene" would explode because they have never experienced music that is so amazing.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Ooh, I never answered the second question.

Two words: JAZZ FUSION
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by chillrock
......... because if there were another band like Led Zeppelin then everyone who is "trendy" and "in with the scene" would explode because they have never experienced music that is so amazing.

Nope, it's good because nobody wants music to repeat, then it becomes boring. I want something fresh, original, and new. Besides, another wave of Led Zeppelin fans would be horrible .