i just heard the song "trigger" by in flames and when he pal mutes the 0's you can hear this "sss" sound as if he had plastic strings.
anyone knows what creates this sound?
I love that sound,,,the closest I've ever come to it is by using my neck hum,,

Quote by Meatball200
That would be the drummers cymbals.

it isnt the cymbals that the ts is talking about,,,there is a very distinctive dry clicky sound,, its especially noticable at the beggining,,,at least i hope thats what hes talking about
Last edited by rokket2005 at Apr 4, 2008,
Just sounds like palm muting on a decent amp to me, can't really associate his tone with a hiss or "sss" sound.

I might be missing something here..
Just sounds like palm muting on a decent amp, yeah.
The double bass is kicked behind it, is that the sound you're hearing?
Could also be a bit of the grindy tone of the bass guitar cutting through.

Certainly a normal guitar sound, so It has to be of those you're mistaking as a blend into the sound.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Apr 4, 2008,
i know whats hes on bout, in between like 3 and 4 seconds into it, the second section of the palm muted opens.

its the amp dude, not drums or anything, it mite be like a half mute, cause im pretty sure its the strings making that sound
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
maybe hes adding a little harmonics to it?
thats the only thing i can think of.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by Meatball200
Out of interest, anyone know what amps they were using in this era?

I'm pretty sure they've been using 5150/6550's for a while, I don't know that they did on CC or ASOP though,, they have a decidely more grainy sound with less saturation on those albums.
Quote by rokket2005
I love that sound,,,the closest I've ever come to it is by using my neck hum,,

it isnt the cymbals that the ts is talking about,,,there is a very distinctive dry clicky sound,, its especially noticable at the beggining,,,at least i hope thats what hes talking about

Its the bass and kick drum complementing the sound. Its their signature sound imo.
Quote by rokket2005
I'm pretty sure they've been using 5150/6550's for a while, I don't know that they did on CC or ASOP though,, they have a decidely more grainy sound with less saturation on those albums.

They used Marshalls and Rectifiers on some songs, which might explain that "grainy" sound.

personally, I think it's a step down from their previous albums
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by False_God
Its the bass and kick drum complementing the sound. Its their signature sound imo.

Im thinking thats what it is, because the seems to have just a little bit of that tone that Im hearing with the palm mutes. Im thinking its just really in time with the guitars, to where it almost sounds like its part of the picking. Goddamn Im excited! Im seeing them in a few weeks!