I've been looking at the Peavey 5150 and Bugera amps and I know that these can can handle metal, which I play, but I want to know if it can handle Progressive type things like Coheed and Cambria. So anyone with experience with these amps feel free to help.
Quote by DardoBoy
I LOVE YOU

Member #29 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to join
tone is a matter of opinion. you shouldnt try to imitate the stereotypical tone of the genre you intend to play. Obviously you need a certain amount of gain, but any amp that cant achieve those kind of specifics can easily be aided by stompboxes...
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
The 5150 sounds A LOT better than the Bugera's, really.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
5150 is pretty harsh sounding for that genre of music..although its mid-heavy which cuts through well
With a $99 Shure SM57 dynamic mic, a $99 PreSonus tube mic preamp, the 5150/6505 sounds f*cking awesome, even through my cheap, bottom-of-the-line, Celestion-filled, Marshall cabs. Then, just play with the amp's EQ, and you can get ALL kinds of metal sounds. These things sound amazing when recorded.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Quote by Ventor
The 5150 sounds A LOT better than the Bugera's, really.

You've played both eh? Most people who have played both say that the Bugera is pretty much the same, the 5150 is a little better (distortion wise), but the Bugera has better cleans.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Bugera's blow up.. Known issue... 5150 will last a lifetime generally...

1 person had a cap blow up, and he himself thinks it was his own foolishness and not the amp.

I'd say that's pretty far from "known issue", stop spreading rumours like that.

Edit: If you can get them for about the same price and don't really need good cleans, go for the 5150.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Apr 5, 2008,
Bugera [NEW] is 500 dollars and the 5150 [used] is 700? I'd go with the bugera, better cleans than the 5150 imo too.