Reading a few articles and watching a few videos on Youtube on the subject of heroin addiction made me think of this question I always had in my mind.

Are drug addicts on the verge of suicide?

The answer is obviously that most of them are in a very mentally unstable condition and suicide is a viable option for them. But what I was wondering was that weather by taking the next hit of crack or heroin or crystal meth, these people were actually hoping to OD and die. Is drug addcition more than just that feel good thing that the narcotic induces, and is it also about the willingness of the person to go through a long and painful death, but a death none the less.

I know this sounds strange, but I was wondering about this topic for a long time and this is how I could best frame my question. So, any serious answers and opinions would be appreciated.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by spider666
Reading a few articles and watching a few videos on Youtube on the subject of heroin addiction made me think of this question I always had in my mind.

Are drug addicts on the verge of suicide?

The answer is obviously that most of them are in a very mentally unstable condition and suicide is a viable option for them. But what I was wondering was that weather by taking the next hit of crack or heroin or crystal meth, these people were actually hoping to OD and die. Is drug addcition more than just that feel good thing that the narcotic induces, and is it also about the willingness of the person to go through a long and painful death, but a death none the less.

I know this sounds strange, but I was wondering about this topic for a long time and this is how I could best frame my question. So, any serious answers and opinions would be appreciated.

more likely to commit suicide when they come off the drugs really drugs are great...but they fk you up. ive tried various things but im happier sober
I was addicted to perscipt painkillers for a while. I used it to escape because I did want to kill myself, but was too afraid. I tried a few times, but always woke up or always stopped.
Am I proud of it? no. Do i think I was being a giant baby? hell yeah, but you know it happened so whatever.
So I would answer and say yes, most of the time they are.
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
Quote by 1nd1sc1pl1ne
more likely to commit suicide when they come off the drugs really drugs are great...but they fk you up. ive tried various things but im happier sober

But most addicts know what they are doing is wrong, and they just feel like hell inside. They can't let themselves live, and their bodies won't let them quit the drug. So I guess they take more of the stuff to not only feed their addiction, but also as a last ditched effort to kill themselves. I don't know really, just a thought,
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Naw, it's a physical addiction.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.