These new regulations as far as I know are making the noise limit in public places to somewhere around 100db, it's rediculous. That's louder than an un-mic'd acoustic drum kit. What about valve amps? How the hell are we going to get tone from them without cranking?

I personally think it's bullcrap and it's going to kill live music once and for all.

The world is becoming big brother, everywhere someone is watching, controlling what you do. First the smoking ban, now the noise regulations.. they're taking all our leisurely activities away one by one.

What's the pits opinion?
Well that sucks
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Yes, it's going to kill live music... live venues aren't going to be able to play louder than an un-mic'd acoustic drum kit

On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
smoking ban =good

noise ban=

i mean its not like we're going to get lung cancer from loud amps
Proud to be an American.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Joelieo
The world is becoming big brother, everywhere someone is watching, controlling what you do. First the smoking ban, now the noise regulations.. they're taking all our leisurely activities away one by one.

What's the pits opinion?

My opinion: You're very overdramatic.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Oh no, the EU is concerned about our health. Why do they take away our right to inhale other people's smoke and damage our ears
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Quote by GiantRaven
Get better sound proofing at venues

quoted for truth.

it has big knock on effects for orchestras, the noise in the pit when an orchestra is in session is very loud, more than 100Db by far.

overall its safe to say i dont give a ****
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Quote by Joelieo
These new regulations as far as I know are making the noise limit in public places to somewhere around 100db, it's rediculous. That's louder than an un-mic'd acoustic drum kit.

I think you mean quieter?
POST FINDER
That really is ****, so would venues have to turn the volume down?? As for the smoking ban i think its good, i shouldnt have to sit there breathing it in.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
It's blatantly PISH
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Good. I don't wanna hear shitty guitarists when I'm trying to chill.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

...but... the only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud...
Well the smoking ban was more about the anti-social aspect rather than health IMO, so in that way I can see why it'd be logical to limit noise to stop it from annoying people near to the venues.

But the, small, difference is that smoking was in every pub, and some people would just want a drink without the smoke. Compare that to a gig when it's almost only the music people go for.

Tricky one though.
About the sound proofing at venues suggestion, it's not the people surrounding the venue they're concerned about, mainly the employees and performers. Personally I don't think they should get involved, or if they had to they could just reccomend earplugs or something. I think bringing in new Db limits is over the top.

Oh and btw, this is no scare.. In Blackpool a town local to me 2 nightclubs have been shut down for being over the limit already. I'm just waiting for the local music venues now...

However I do agree with the smoking ban, it just seemed like a good example that would appeal to the majority.