Hello, see topic.
I'm playing stuff such as Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen.. what pickup would be the best and what pickups work? I don't know anything about them.
Thanks in advance!!=)

/BC
Probably a DiMarzio, though your amp will be a bigger factor.

Vai uses a basswood Ibanez JEM with DiMarzio Evolutions or Breeds, with Carvin Legacy amps.

Malmsteen uses an alder Strat with DiMarzio HS-3s and YJMs with Marshall amps.
Thanks man.. I have Guitar Rig 3 and also an effect box / preamp - so my amp wont change my sound that much more, the pickups I think are crucial. I have too much noise and I think it's my treble pickup that makes it.

How much do you think 3 DiMarzo pickups would cost??

Thanks again! Really appreciate it man!! =D
On the contrary, pickups are practically irrelevant if you're running through a digital interface like yours. If you can't get the tone you want then it's time to get a proper amp.

The buzzing is probably happening because you're sat in front of a computer screen.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
What amp do you have?
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
For instrumental rock music, you'll want at least want a humbucker at the bridge. You can get a singlecoil-sized JB Junior/Hot Rails/DuckBucker etc, but I reckon it's better to buy a HSS pickguard and get a decent full-size bridge humbucker. Then maybe replace the singlecoils with say, a DiMarzio Blue Velvet in the middle and a SD Quarterpounder in the neck.

Also, think about keeping your old pickguard with the original pickups still on it; that way,if you want a 'classic Strat' sound you can swap over and wire in the new scratchplate within a few minutes. On the new one, buy some high-quality pots (250K I'd suggest) and I could quality 5-way switch. You could also add a push/pull for coil tapping, it's not especially difficult and there are plenty of tutorials available online.
Hotrails
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by blue_strat
Probably a DiMarzio, though your amp will be a bigger factor.

Vai uses a basswood Ibanez JEM with DiMarzio Evolutions or Breeds, with Carvin Legacy amps.

Malmsteen uses an alder Strat with DiMarzio HS-3s and YJMs with Marshall amps.

so go dimarzio.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.