hey, i got a new guitar a couple weeks ago and its a little buzzy on the first fret of G and B strings, i think i need to adjust the action a little bit. i have a Gretsch Chorvette, a 2006. It has a bigsby Tremolo. Would i just need to tune the strings down, loosen the screws the lightest bit, and retune it? or are there more steps to this?

thanks

crazy
dont adjust the bridge
use a L wrench to adjust the Truss rod
hope that fixes the problem
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']dont adjust the bridge
use a L wrench to adjust the Truss rod
hope that fixes the problem

DO NOT try to fix action with the truss rod. Just raise the bridge a little.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
nice guitar by the way, what did it cost you?
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
i got it 350 used at guitar center. its not the origonal 64', but many of the same features its 530 new about
Quote by crazywhiteboi94
r u sure???

Yes. Just take a Phillips screwdriver and raise the treble side a touch. Truss rod is for straightening the neck, not for adjusting action.
Gear:
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Really, just the ones that need it. If you run into trouble, stop and bring it to a shop. Yeah, it costs money, but I'd hate to see a nice guitar get ruined.
Gear:
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
ok thanks, its a tune o matic bridge, if that makes a difference. what about intonation tho, how does that work?
Quote by crazywhiteboi94
ok thanks, its a tune o matic bridge, if that makes a difference. what about intonation tho, how does that work?

Tuno o matic is great. Just unscrew the treble side screw a bit. This MAY throw off intonation a little, but shouldn't be too much.
Gear:
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
how do you adjust intonation tho? also, the E rattles to (its been like that) can that also be loosened and fixed? only on open notes though.. thanks for all your help. the ones i was worried about are now fixed, but just if i need the intonation later (im not gonna try anything right now) how would i do it?
Quote by crazywhiteboi94
how do you adjust intonation tho? also, the E rattles to (its been like that) can that also be loosened and fixed? only on open notes though.. thanks for all your help. the ones i was worried about are now fixed, but just if i need the intonation later (im not gonna try anything right now) how would i do it?

If the E (low E, I presume) rattles, see if very slightly raising the action would help.

As for intonation, there's been many threads on how to fix that. Don't worry, it's not hard on a tune o matic. Just takes a little time and patience.
Gear:
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by crazywhiteboi94
raising the action would be loosening the screw or tightening it?

Loosening.
Gear:
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2