So, I'm gonna change strings sometime soon, as always. However, I'm gonna clean the fretboard a bit. Since it's rosewood, should I use just straight up lemon oil/juice? Or some type of brand or something...Also, I may use some .11's for the first time, and I've heard you have to adjust the truss rod, or else it'll bow the neck or some ****. So, if any one would be kind enough to help me out, it'd be appreciated
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
you dont use lemon juice. it's lemon oil, or fretboard cleaner from a guitar shop.

taking off all the strings might mean, the neck will relax, you might get back bow.

putting on heavier strings will pull harder on the neck, might make the action seem higher.

you wont know until you clean and restring, then measure the neck relief by fretting the first and last fret, while looking at the middle frets for gap.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I knew it wasn't lemon juice...Ha. Ok, lemon oil...Straight up lemon oil. Now for the truss rod...Should I just take it to someone when I want the .11's put on? In fear of breaking it if I do it...
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
you wont break it. just put on the new strings and if you get buzz then post again and we'll go from there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011