I have a rectifier preamp and mesa power amp.

I'm contemplating doing pedals for effects with a true bypass loop. What I'm wondering is this.

Is there any device out there that I can press one button and have my amp switch from distortion to clean with chorus.

Meaning

guitar > ------------------> clean with chorus
> plain distortion

Any ideas? My amp doesn't do midi, nor do I understand it. I don't want to use the effects loop in the preamp as it's parallel and sucks the crap out of the tone.

Thanks in advance.
you can easy build a footswitch to go from your clean to dirty channel and at the same time, kick in/out/swap 2 loops of pedals
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Well, I'd build it if I knew how. I can solder and stuff. So there does not exist such a device to do this?
Quote by captain_james
Well, I'd build it if I knew how. I can solder and stuff. So there does not exist such a device to do this?

it'd have to be specific to your amp and would require an expensive switch more than likely
Expense is not an issue. Right now I use a standard switch from mesa, 2 button. I'm surprised I'm the first one on the planet that thought of this. It's 2008
You're not. There are midi systems and custom made analoge switching systems for this. I reccomend building your own, OR wiring a loop into your Mesa's footswitch. Something like replacing the Clean/Dirty footswitch with a DPDT switch, that could toggle between CleanD/irty and the loop On/Off at the same time. You'd have to drill holes on the footswitch housing for an In and Out jack. It's a doable thing.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
You're not. There are midi systems and custom made analoge switching systems for this. I reccomend building your own, OR wiring a loop into your Mesa's footswitch. Something like replacing the Clean/Dirty footswitch with a DPDT switch, that could toggle between CleanD/irty and the loop On/Off at the same time. You'd have to drill holes on the footswitch housing for an In and Out jack. It's a doable thing.

oooh, mesa footswitches are ginormous

you'd have to open it up, if the channel switch is DPDT you could put in a 4PDT and wire a TB loop of sorts onto that. but you'd have no LED indicators or anything.....well, you might
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
oooh, mesa footswitches are ginormous

you'd have to open it up, if the channel switch is DPDT you could put in a 4PDT and wire a TB loop of sorts onto that. but you'd have no LED indicators or anything.....well, you might

If there's already an indicator, leave it. You're just turning a (A) <-> (B) switch into a (A)(1) <-> (B)(2) switch, and adding two jacks.
I just wanted to say... nice amp choice!

But yeah... I've wondered the same myself. But you a need a pretty expensive switching system... they exist out there, but the price just isn't worth it to me. And frankly, most of the switching systems and MIDI just scare me.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
If there's already an indicator, leave it. You're just turning a (A) <-> (B) switch into a (A)(1) <-> (B)(2) switch, and adding two jacks.

spose

and plus, having thought about it, its prolly one hakf of a DPDT for the switching and the other half for an indicator, so you could transfer that to one half of a 4PDT add the loop
impossible unless you build your own switch, or have one made for you. sorry
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy
impossible unless you build your own switch, or have one made for you. sorry

mate read the thread, we have the solution
Yeah I just have no idea what you guys are talking about. Money is no matter as I said. I just can't believe in 2008 there is not something that you can buy that does this. Here's the switch

Can I have a picture of the back of the preamp? That would help.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.

I found this company but have no idea what I'd need. This type of stuff makes me want to quit guitar. Sorry to sound like a baby. I just put my energy into playing, not breaking my head trying to figure out electronics. I can solder with a diagram, an easy diagram and that's about it. Schematics? forget it.

Here's the company, Voodoo Lab

Voodoo
Yeah, I would suggest the GCX, because it allows one touch switching of amp and independent pedal loops via MIDI. The only thing you would need in addition to the GCX is something to convert MIDI signals to ring/tip switching jacks. Especially because you have to switch between the CH1/CH2 and solo controls.

EDIT: Here is something that would work for that purpose.

http://www.axess-electronics.com/sc/CFX4-Control-Function-Switcher-p-16136.html
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Last edited by FLCLcowdude at Apr 4, 2008,
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Yeah, I would suggest the GCX, because it allows one touch switching of amp and independent pedal loops via MIDI. The only thing you would need in addition to the GCX is something to convert MIDI signals to ring/tip switching jacks. Especially because you have to switch between the CH1/CH2 and solo controls.

I need to hire somoene to do this **** for me, I can not understand it. I could give a **** about the solo.

All I want is this. Thanks for the help. I'm not mad at you guys, your great, I'm just pissed that I'm going to have to spend a fu***ng thousand dollars to.

1. Switch to clean with chorus
2. have my effects loop with true bypass on my distortion channel.

What is so complicated about this?
I mean switching systems are expensive. There might be a much simpler solution to this problem, but I don't know about it. Sorry James.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Hate to double post, but here is another product that is simpler.

http://www.rjmmusic.com/rg16.php
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by the.spine.surfs

+1 if money isnt an issue get a midi controller, but its gonna cost ya, i would contact mesa about it becuase they will know whats the best midi cointroller for their amps.