ok never skated on ice before and i need your help cuz im going to skate tomorrow on ice...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Skates go on the feet.

edit: I'm 90% sure.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Last time I went ice-skating someone lost their finger and blood was all over the ice-rink...

Good luck dude!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
youre gonna fall down a lot. dont pull other people down when you do. its embarrassing.
I have no opinion on this matter.
What do you want to know...?

It's all in the ankles.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
how do you brake...you know rollerblades have brakes...(or however they're called)
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Last time I went ice-skating someone lost their finger and blood was all over the ice-rink...

Good luck dude!

Same!

I hate ice skating it's so boring...
just skate into the wall if you're trying to stop. thats what i did when i was learning
member of the Australia FTW! group (pm the random hero or alter bridge to join (aussies only)
Quote by magnum1117
how do you brake...you know rollerblades have brakes...(or however they're called)
hit a wall.

no, seriously. hit a wall.

get out of it man, ice skating sucks on ice.
I have no opinion on this matter.
You brake by like, turning quickly.
Like when you see hockey players 'spray' ice.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Same!

I hate ice skating it's so boring...

It was awesome though, but yea, round in a circle for 30 minutes, trying not to hit into small children isn't much fun. Hitting into children is fun though. Especially if they cry.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
thanks i will stay near to walls...
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Right.

Whatever you do, don't skate flat footed. If the blades are flat against the ice, you will just slip. You need to angle your feet as you move, just like rollerblading.

If I were you, I'd go around holding onto the side for a bit. Find you balance and technique. The try it 2ft away from the side for a bit until you are confident.

If you fall over, make sure you clench your fists. Don't leave your fingers spread out - unless you want them cut off by other skaters.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
It was awesome though, but yea, round in a circle for 30 minutes, trying not to hit into small children isn't much fun. Hitting into children is fun though. Especially if they cry.

30 minutes?! I swear my few experiences have been over an hour.

I couldn't agree more, seriously. Then apologizing half heartedly and just going away.
Quote by magnum1117
thanks i would stay near to walls...

Yeah, you can always hold onto the wall to balance and stop. Thats what I did.
Quote by magnum1117
how do you brake...you know rollerblades have brakes

not aggressive skates because rollers are just that hardcore. and who needs to stop anyways
Quote by MH400
Right.

Whatever you do, don't skate flat footed. If the blades are flat against the ice, you will just slip. You need to angle your feet as you move, just like rollerblading.

If I were you, I'd go around holding onto the side for a bit. Find you balance and technique. The try it 2ft away from the side for a bit until you are confident.

If you fall over, make sure you clench your fists. Don't leave your fingers spread out - unless you want them cut off by other skaters.

HOLY EEF!!! I LOVE MY FINGERS THEY HELP ME PLAY GUITAR!!!!
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
It is just kinda like rollerskating, just more slippery. I'd advise wearing gloves and sticking very, very close to the walls until you get a little more confident. But don't worry, you'll fall over a lot either way.
If you wonna brake .. Just lift one of your feet, turn it 90° and drag it over the ice very gently
that should work

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Good luck dude!

Last time I went ice-skating someone lost their FACE and their FACE was all over the ice-rink

Its REALLY dangerous.

Just like rollerblading.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by noxiosimitator
If you wonna brake .. Just lift one of your feet, turn it 90° and drag it over the ice very gently
that should work

Only do that if you want a broken ankle.

To stop, turn both your feet at an angle

\ /

Like that is the only way I can describe it. Or just plough into the back of a fat person
RIP Tom Searle.
Never skated on ice before?! As a canadian I find this odd, and hard to comprehend. I've been skating since I could walk.

My best advice is to find someone that knows how to skate to help you out on the ice. Keep your knees bent and your ankles locked, and make sure your skates are tied properly and tightly. As for stopping, it's one of the hardest things to learn aside from skating backwards IMO. The best way is to just bump into the wall/other skaters until you learn how to turn sideways and dig your skate in. As for actually moving, just watch other people do it. If you've ever rollerbladed, it's sort of like that only easier to fall over. Also, mh400 has it wrong. The easy way to stop is to go like this: / \ not \ /. If you do the latter, your legs are just gonna spread out and you'll fall on your ass and look like an idiot. Oh, and don't get hit in the throat with a skate either, unless you want to end up like Richard Zednik. Good luck TS!
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
I'm going ice skating with some friends later tonight.

Seriously, it's not that hard. You've just got to get used to balancing and moving with the skates on. If you fall then get up, brush yourself off, and move on. Don't worry, it happens to everyone.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection