ok so i was looking at gibson guitars. what first caught my eye was the gibson USA classic in wine red. but then i saw the Custom Shops Les Paul class 5 Quilt in cranberry and the Les Paul custom in wine red. Im going to take which ever guitar and use it for 2 step down drop tuning and im going to put some tom anderson humbuckers in them. but my question is if the resale value is worth the extra money now to go with the Custom Shops or should i get the LP classic?

and reviews of any of these guitars will also be appreciated
Quote by Artemis Entreri
You have a better chance of good quality with the Custom shop. But I don't know about resale/

With the Gibson Custom Shop, or any respectable custom shop offered by other manufacturers, there is no "better chance of good quality". Quality is always top notch guaranteed.
Be cool.
The Custom Shop is much higher quality, and holds it's resale value better if you don't mod it.

The production Gibsons ('USA' series) are inherently lower quality and don't hold their value as well if you keep them stock, but if you do mod them, you can normally still find buyers (since it's a given that everyone changes the pickups on the production Gibsons anyway).

Considering you intend to change the pickups and you'll be setting it up for being tuned two steps down, I would say, buy a regular production Standard/Classic (Whichever is cheaper in your area - they're effectively the same, just with different stock pickups and finish options). Even after modding and use, you should be able to still get more than half your money back if you go with the production. If you go with the Custom Shop and mod that, you'll probably struggle to sell it again at all, and if you do, I'd be surprised if you got more than a third of your money back.
If you go with the Custom Shop and mod that, you'll probably struggle to sell it again at all, and if you do, I'd be surprised if you got more than a third of your money back.

intresting, what if i keep the original pickups and put them back for resale? or once its tampered its done with?

thanks bokuho for the help
All Gibson USA Les Pauls chamber their bodies now, so it's lighter, but still has a good sound.

The Gibson Custom Shop LPs, you can get them either chambered or solid bodied, for most Les Pauls.

I also would want to change the pickups on a Custom Shop LP, but even though, I probably wouldn't sell it.
Since you will be modding it, I would say stick with the standard Gibson USA. If you are gonna blow all that money on a custom shop guitar (not to say the USA isn't pretty high priced itself) then it should be left the way it is.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i think im going to stick with the wine red classic and put tom anderson H1-(neck) and H3+(bridge) pick ups in and change the hadware to gold b/c i think it just looks better on those reds than the nickle