im looking for a natural finish explorer guitar, similar to the esp fx series and ken lawrence customs, only with a more interesting fretboard inlay than the dots on the esp and a much lower price than the £5000 or whatever the ken lawrences' go for.

if anyone can make a suggestion of what im looking for, if anything exists, i would be really grateful!
Ibanez iceman ICT-700 white
Schecter C1 Classic (Amber)
Schecter C1 Classic (tobacco burst)

Laney VH100R head
Laney VC50 combo
Laney gs412la cab

Various Boss pedals
do you mean the ESP EX series?

EDIT: and with that rig, shouldnt you really be looking at a new amp as opposed to a new guitar?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Last edited by jeowy at Apr 4, 2008,
no, the EXs have solid colour finish. FX are natural wood.

Laney VH100R head
Laney VC50 combo
Laney gs412la cab

Various Boss pedals
I'd say look into Ran's custom shop. It will still cost a pretty penny, but not nearly as much as most other custom shops and high end guitars.

But I do agree with jewoy. You should seriously consider a new tube amp before you look into a new guitar, especially with that beautiful aresenal of guitars you've already got
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
for the love of god get a new amp first

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
lol i have 2 more - line6 spider valve 112 combo (big mistake) so bought peavey 6505 combo.
also sold the bc rich and bought a scecter c1 classic.

i just dont know how to change my signature anyone know how? lol

Laney VH100R head
Laney VC50 combo
Laney gs412la cab

Various Boss pedals
Quote by chrisappleyard
lol i have 2 more - line6 spider valve 112 combo (big mistake) so bought peavey 6505 combo.
also sold the bc rich and bought a scecter c1 classic.

i just dont know how to change my signature anyone know how? lol
through your user CP, which you can access on most UG forum pages, near the top, it says "control panel"

and, since the 6505 is a pretty nice amp... yeah, ran guitars are awesome
but please promise us you'll concentrate on amps and pedals after this purchase though?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
thanks alot! on both topics

yeh i'll look back into some more amps.... tried the peavey jsx and really liked that....
not really one for using loads of pedals though.... like to keep it simple

Laney VH100R head
Laney VC50 combo
Laney gs412la cab

Various Boss pedals
I'd say either buy an LTD FX and spend a fortune installing your own inlays OR i know that Gibson sells Explorers in worn brown which is fairly close to a natural color. but then again, it is $1100 for it
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.