I need to know where i can get a guitar cable to a USB cable in one cable
you know 1/4'' at one end the USB at the other.
How much would said item cost
I can't find one
thanks
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
what is it being used for if i might ask?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Doubt such a thing exists. 1/4" mono analog guitar to digital USB wouldnt work without some sort of converter.
to record on the computer
i might just get a Line 6 Gearbox
but i was gonna use this with audacity
my friend had told me of it
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
They do, its some firewire thing. I saw it one at target...random. It was like 30 bucks.
just use a 1/8 1/8 cord (hooks ipod up to radios) and put a 1/4 adapor on one end in the amp and the 1/8 in the microphone port on your cpu
i remember reading about one called Lightsnake, but that might be more than you're looking for because that thing is all about cutting down on I/O latency and is more for live sound processing.
just use a 1/8 1/8 cord (hooks ipod up to radios) and put a 1/4 adapor on one end in the amp and the 1/8 in the microphone port on your cpu

don't quote me on this, but im pretty sure thats supposed to suck a whole lot of quality out of it.
ya, the computer mic adapters work

I use a cheap mic to mic my amp with a 1/4 in to 1/8 in converter on the end to plug it in.
StealthPlug.
/thread
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
The Stealth Plug is what you're searching for.
It's mainly intended to be used with amp simulation software like Amplitube or Guitar Rig and as far as I can tell the two of them aren't that great compare to a good physical amp (yet). I think you're better off buying a multieffect like line6 POD and use the record feature instead (exclude the pocket, mind you...).
It's might even be cheaper. I know most people won't be happy with just the LE version of Amplitube bundled with the plug. The plug + full version >> POD 2.0 in price...
Last edited by hminh87 at Apr 4, 2008,
Quote by hminh87
The Stealth Plug is what you're searching for.
It's mainly intended to be used with amp simulation software like Amplitube or Guitar Rig and as far as I can tell the two of them aren't that great compare to a good physical amp (yet). I think you're better off buying a multieffect like line6 POD and use the record feature instead (exclude the pocket, mind you...).
It's might even be cheaper. I know most people won't be happy with just the LE version of Amplitube dundled with the plug. The plug + full version >> POD 2.0 in price...

you are new hero and lucky is your sicekick sir
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
Quote by Tackleberry
Doubt such a thing exists. 1/4" mono analog guitar to digital USB wouldnt work without some sort of converter.

+1 Tackleberry. This is the reason why it is not as easy at sounds initially. I had a Lightsnake but returned it because I couldn't get it to work (Vista at the time prolly and my patience level) but it seemed cool and the whole cable lit up green.

You have USB on one end and then a 1/4 male plug on it that goes in your guitar and has this 'reverse Y' adapter/converter. The adapter comes with a splitter that will take your 1/4 down to 1/8 if for some reason you needed that. The converter actually does 2 things I think, it has a small chip (think of a small sound card) inside that converts your guitar's mono signals into digital for PC. It also has a 1/4 female jack that can accept another normal guitar cable that can then be ran to an amp. I never got this far, but that would be to elieviate the jitter or delay you hear when playing directly thru a computer's speakers (soundcard).

StealthPlug does the same basically so if you get that to work, please report back. tnx

;