Does your thumb get cut from doing pinch harmonics? Like the part that scrapes the string. My thumb keeps getting cut by the string and its extremely annoying and makes me stop doing them for a couple days so it can heal up.

Anyone know how I can stop this from happening?
[Besides not doing them lol]

I figured a sort of callous would form but this has been happening to me for the past about 6 months now..

Call me Trey.
Put duct tape on your fingers.

...that's actually what I did.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
change string guage
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!

this man would surely know.

and there must be something wrong with your technique, for you to be cutting yourself for half a year....how thick are you strings??
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Never gotten any cuts.
I do them all the time.
Mabye it depends on where you hit the thumb.
I hit mine in the red area.

Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
maybe you're hitting the string wrong.
also you don't have to "pinch" it so hard.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Go and do a hard physical job so your skin becomes less girlish, then you won't get cut by those evil guitar strings when scrubbing slightly over them...
Quote by EyeHatePunks
Go and do a hard physical job so your skin becomes less girlish, then you won't get cut by those evil guitar strings when scrubbing slightly over them...

lol well actually i do hella contruction work.

the part that gets cut is like right next to my nail where it begins.

and i use 9-42's
Call me Trey.
Quote by Mudvayne_LP
lol well actually i do hella contruction work.

the part that gets cut is like right next to my nail where it begins.

and i use 9-42's

Do them further down.
Like on my pic.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
thats a tough one. i'm not good at those. mainly because my guitar is really bad. i can do em on any other guitar but rarely on mine. change you strings and don't pick so hard. they sound better when they are played soft anyway.and you don't ahve to use so much of your thumb. if its getting cut thenuse the pick more.