i'm not sure i like alopecia as much as elephant eyelash -- i listened to gemini (birthday song) on repeat for two or three weeks.

awesome stuff, though. but i could never get into yoni's old ambient hip-hop project (clouddead).
Quote by clock_of_omens
there is the album of the month thing on them on the top

correction, there was.

i have been enjoying them since The Hollows EP came out. i am probably going to invest in the earlier albums soon.
Why? definately has grown on me. Too be honest I didn't really like them that much at first...the vocals took some time..

Then I heard some tracks off alopecia and decided to see them a couple of weeks ago in phoenix.. Amazing live show.... Really made me appreciate them a lot more.

I love their lyrics...great stuff.
I keep the wolf from the door, but he calls me on the phone, tells me all the ways that he's gonna mess me up, steal all my children if I don't pay the ransom, but I'll never see them again If I squeal to the cops.
Gah, I've followed Why? for a long time. I love most of everything that Yoni touches.

One of the most memorable live shows I've ever seen.
Poor advice.
I only have The Holllows but it's awesome; I really like their lyrics.

So what should I get next?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

so now two people have said that they are great live and that really makes me regret not going to see them a couple of weeks ago...
Quote by stellar_legs
People tend to overlook Oaklandazulasylum, which is one of my faves.

I'll check it out, thanks.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

so even though back in february, i said that the albums were all great, i hadn't listened to them in quite a while. while driving yesterday, i tossed Elephant Eyelash on.

i can't remember why i hadn't listened to them in so long. so goddamn good.
Yeah, a terrific little group. Alopecia is worked out such that every track can be played with all its parts by the four of them live, so when I saw their show right after it came out, I was ****ing blown away. Iron Horse in Northampton, MA, with maybe fifty or sixty kids there. Last line, of course, was "you're mostly what I think about," and it's one of my favorite moments among all shows I've seen.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
I love the new album.

They're playing their CD release show in Cincinnatti.
I'm guessing it's because Yoni is from there.
Good news for me.
Poor advice.
I was going to see them last year with a friend. We both made shirts that said 'Fun is for Assholes' (which is a Xiu Xiu thing, but whatever) and my friend's dad, who was taking us, freaked out about it because he is a weird religious dumb ass. He once asked me if the moon was real or just an image.