Lately, I've been catching myself pick weird... instead of using my wrist, I use my pointer and thumb to move the pick... I can pick more accurately this way, but I feel it's wrong... Should I change my ways?
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
If it works best for you that way then use it. In the end it's up to whether it improves your playing or not. If it does, then do it.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
a guy i know does that when arpeggiating chords, i tried it and it didn't work. He can pick very accuratly with it and doesn't have to watch his hand to see where he is picking because it doesn't move.

if your comfortable with it then keep it up, if not try something else.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
You'll probably want to switch back to the wrist for trem-picking, but if it works out for you and there's no stress, then stick with it.
thanks guys. I find it useful when going across strings, but using my wrist for faster stuff.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
I pick by pivoting my thumb, and I have for 6 years, except if I'm doing fast rhythmic stuff like triplets or what have you,,, it's much more comfortable for me though doing scalar things, and if you practice enough using your thumb instead of your wrist I don't think either will have a definite speed advantage,