hey UG im allowed to get a double neck guitar and i need to know which one, i want either a 6/12 or a 6/4 string one my bugdet is about $3000 so i think i can get a good one and please post pictures as that will help me more
The Gibson 6/12 one I would think is pretty good. In my opinion, there's no point in getting a 6/4, because why would you want to not have a guitar and bass playing at the same time?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-EDS-1275-Double-Neck-Electric-Guitar?sku=517600
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
Do you need the double neck? Do you play live and need a guitar that doubles as a 12 string or bass? It doesn't seem like it from your post. In my opinion (which I know may be different than yours but you asked for it...) double necks aren't worth it. they are in most cases more expensive and in all cases more difficult to play. The only practical use of them is if you are playing a song live that needs both a 6 and 12 string and you only have one guitarist.
just my 2 cents...
I'd get a 12 String acoustic or something and play on that and probably start making songs with the 12 string and if the song involves a 6 string, get a double neck.

If you want a Double-Neck to play whatever, I would probably get an Epiphone EDS, I have no idea if it's good or not, please give me feedback, I've played it a couple times, it didn't seem bad, but I haven't played the Gibson one to compare it to.

although I don't OWN one, I have had much experience with the Gibson- EDS-175 (not sure on exact number), all of which, was very good experience. It is the same Double Neck that Jimmy Page and Slash use. its a 6/12. My personal choice.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Mockingbird452

If you want a Double-Neck to play whatever, I would probably get an Epiphone EDS, I have no idea if it's good or not, please give me feedback, I've played it a couple times, it didn't seem bad, but I haven't played the Gibson one to compare it to.

I've played both - the quality of each is... meh.

The Gibson is miles better than the Epi of course, but you're also talking a guitar that costs many thousands vs a guitar that costs only a few hundred. If you're a serious player who's going to get a lot of use out of it and you can justifyt he cost, the Gibson is obviously the best way to go (aside from having one custom built for you, which actually is what I'd suggest to anyone who was going to be using it that much).

The Epi is... good for the price. The build quality seems to be about the same as the G-400/LP Standard mid-range Epis. The pickups will need replacing, but other than that... well, there's nothing to really complain about. It's the easiet and cheapest double neck you can buy, build quality is 'decent', and so on. Mark Ronson has used the Epi double neck for a few live performances, including during the Brit Awards, so I would trust that it would be just about good enough for live use, though I can't say I've gigged it myself.

I think if you're not sure about whether double necks are for you or not, or if you simply won't use it that often, then the Epi is a good buy. If you're more serious and know you need a double neck and you know you'll be using it a fair amount, then either go for the Gibson or have one custom made for you (either option will be about the same total price, in most areas).

That said, I think anyone who was that serious about needing one, probably isn't the sort of person who would be asking an internet forum which he should be getting.